As one of the fastest growing cities in Canada, City of Surrey is a globally recognized leader in building vibrant, sustainable communities through technology and innovation. City of Surrey employees are talented innovators, inspired by meaningful work and the opportunity to drive our city-and their careers-forward. Build a City. Build a Future at the City of Surrey. Employment Status
Union - CUPE Local 402 - Project & Term
• 1-Year Project (2 positions) • 2-Year Term (1 position) Scope
Are you an experienced Business Analyst who is looking to join a reputable national award-winning employer? Are you looking to make a meaningful contribution and lend your expertise and help shape business transformation? We are currently hiring for a Senior Business Analyst who will partner with representatives across the organization in delivering solutions for projects in our Land Development and Engineering portfolios. We are looking for BAs to act as a liaison between the business and the solutions team for a variety of projects including the Citizen Portal, Amanda upgrades and other key Engineering initiatives. Responsibilities
As member of the Business Transformation Team you will:
• Define business scope and objectives through research, fact-finding and a thorough understanding of applicable business and industry requirements. • Lead and create, clear and well-crafted requirements as well as develop complex, integrated process models to support understanding of the business problem or opportunity in question. • Work with business units to analyze & design potential solutions, communicate proposed recommendations, obtain consensus from all stakeholders, and assist with resolving conflict, so the common goal can be achieved by everyone. • Champion change and support effective communication with relevant stakeholders at all levels.
You are a Business Analyst who:
• Values relationships and helps strengthen the bond with partners with a high degree of trust, teamwork and mutual respect. • Brings an in-depth knowledge of business analyst best practices, requirements elicitation & analysis, stakeholder assessments as well as process modeling techniques that help enhance business operations and service delivery. • Has impeccable communication and facilitation skills and are able to ensure the right message is understood by all parties involved. • Supports and promotes change to help shape business transformation. • Is a senior-level professional and leader who takes action in challenging situations and help engage and enable others for success. • Is results driven person who performs at a high level to achieve desired outcomes and align contributions to improve business performance. • Is a natural born problem solver and able to consider situations from multiple perspectives and beyond conventional thinking. • Has a demonstrated record and commitment to professional development and treats new challenges as opportunities to grow. Qualifications
Candidates under consideration will possess the following qualifications:
• Degree in a related field from a recognized institution plus four (4) years of related work experience or an acceptable equivalent combination of training and experience.
• CBAP certification. • Experience within the public sector. • Experience working with continuous improvement methodologies. • Experience working with Agile Principles. Conditions of Employment
This position requires completion of a Police Information Check. Successful applicants must provide proof of qualifications. Closing Date
This job will be posted until filled. Our Values Integrity - Service - Teamwork - Innovation - Community