We're looking for a top-tier Back-end Engineer to help us develop secure and functional code for mission-critical systems essential to our products. You'll play a key role in growing a business through your insights, and you'll help shape the way a revolutionary new technology is introduced to and adopted by new audiences. Every day, you'll collaborate with a world-class team in our Vancouver office.
Every one of us shares a common vision: to create the future we want to live in. We need the right people to help us realize that vision. A little about us:
Dapper Labs wants everyone, not just industry insiders, to experience the value of blockchain technology. Our people are our greatest strength: our diverse team of creators and founders flourish in a distributed hierarchy, where personal autonomy and professional growth are encouraged. We value our culture and diversity above else, regardless of where you came from, what you studied, or who you used to work for. This unique organizational structure is the same one behind CryptoKitties.
The Dapper team is a group of humble and curious creators, academics, and tinkerers who share a passion to demystify blockchain technology and tap into its potential to create change in the world. Your role here will necessitate both a high level of creativity and strategic thinking on complex issues, whether you're optimizing our data capture methods or designing a new blockchain game. Everyone here is a founder, and no one fits in a box. We're all driven by an insatiable thirst for learning and development, and that's what brings us together. Join us in bringing the first billion to the blockchain. A little about you:
Bonus points if you have the following:
- Culture fit is of utmost importance to us and we're willing to shape the role to fit the perfect candidate. That said, there are a few qualities or experiences a candidate must possess:
- Consistently stays on top of new backend trends, methodologies and best practices.
- Contributes and enforces standards throughout our development process.
- Identifies sub-optimal processes and communicates alternatives to the team.
- Understands products enough to be able to effectively prioritize engineering tasks when necessary.
- Is a strong communicator that can work together with design, product, and marketing teams.
- Is comfortable with trying out new tools, failing fast, and unknowns.
- Is comfortable with database design and familiarity with database optimizations.
- Understands and applies best practices of API development.
- Is adamant about test coverage for all backend services.
- Has familiarity with PostgreSQL and React.
More about Dapper Labs:
- Understands the deployment process, and is comfortable with docker, containers, and kubernetes.
- Has a strong understanding of applications and API security.
- Has familiarity with blockchain.
- Has familiarity with Python.
- Is familiar with at least one of the functional programming languages: Haskell, Clojure, Lisp, etc.
At Dapper Labs we recruit the best and foster an environment that enables our team. That means a workplace that is diverse, inclusive, and open-minded. We welcome applicants of all backgrounds, regardless of race, colour, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or disability.
We offer compensation commensurate with the high level of talent we seek, extensive benefits, and flexible time off policy.