We are currently seeking a Senior Back-end Developer to join our Product team. We want someone who wants to make an impact on their peers, the product, and our customers. You would have a major impact on our back-end architecture as we are taking our large monolithic Rails app and modularizing it. You'd be working on a product used by tens of thousands of lawyers and ensuring they get organized and focused on their practice.
Founded in Vancouver, Canada in 2008, Clio is transforming the practice of law, for good. Whether it's our industry-leading cloud-based practice management platform
, our ground-breaking Legal Trends Report
or our ever-popular Clio Cloud Conference
, Clio is at the forefront of advancing the legal sphere.
Clio makes lawyers' lives simpler and helps them better organize and manage their legal practices. As one of Canada's fastest-growing companies with international reach, we employ over 300 individuals with offices in Vancouver, Toronto, Calgary, and Dublin to support a rapidly growing customer base spanning 90 countries. Clio has been recognized as one of Canada's Best Managed Companies
, one of CIX's Top 20 Most Influential Technology Companies
, one of Canada's Top Small & Medium Employers
, and has one of Canada's 10 Most Admired Corporate Cultures
. Who you are:
What you will do:
- 5+ years of experience with server-side development;
- Experience and interest in web application security;
- Experience and interest in performance, load, and scalability issues;
- You are curious and are always striving to improve yourself;
- You have a desire to learn;
- You are a rational and critical thinker;
- You seek solutions when you find problems;
- You lead through your example;
- You are a humble team player.
Nice to Have:
- Design, build, deploy, and support a large-scale application on the server side;
- Write clean, scalable code in Ruby on Rails and SQL;
- Mentor fellow Clions;
- Play a leadership role by living our values openly;
- Participate in code reviews and pair programming.
Why would you want to work here?
- Experience with Ruby on Rails;
- Experience scaling from thousands of users to hundreds of thousands of users.
We offer a great compensation package, a fun work environment, and an opportunity to be part of a great growth story with unlimited potential. We're funded by BVP, which funded companies like Pinterest and LinkedIn. Need more reasons? Clio loves and takes care of our Clions. We are proud of a collaborative culture and encourage a learning mindset. We have established career paths for our developers and many opportunities to grow and learn. We believe in creating a strong tech community - we host Girls Learning Code, sponsor Rails meetup groups, and more. For our employees, we provide monthly mixers, unlimited snacks and weekly lunch, and strive to offer work-life balance. Diversity and Inclusion
We believe that ensuring diversity and inclusion will produce a better place to work and a better product. We encourage all candidates to apply.
Posted: November 17, 2018
Closes: January 16, 2019