Join our team
As Canada's most active corporate venture capital fund, TELUS Ventures has invested in more than 80 leading venture backed companies that are tackling some of today's biggest challenges in areas such as digital health, AI, IOT, Consumer Services and Security.
TELUS Ventures is a creative and catalytic investor, where we help entrepreneurs by combining our 70,000 employees across the globe, our leading technological expertise, our millions of customers and an extensive partner ecosystem for the benefits of our portfolio companies. Recent investments include companies such as League (Digital Health), Integrate.AI (Privacy by Design AI for Customer Insights), Miovision (Smart Cities) and Hummingbird (AgTech). Here's the impact you'll make and what we'll accomplish together
The Senior Associate will support our investment deal team by advancing the data and analytics of the Ventures' portfolio and insight into the broader VC ecosystem. As part of a small and high performing team you will defend your thinking, your research and your recommendations to the TELUS and Ventures Leadership teams. By building a structured approach and tools to facilitate the tracking, evaluation and improvement of early stage technology companies you will be on top of the most high performing growth stage companies. As part of our change focused organization you will have access to senior leadership across TELUS and other leading global partner organizations as our industry undergoes seismic changes related to AI, 5G, changing consumer profiles in a broader trend to innovation away from core telecom legacy services.
To join TELUS Ventures represents a dynamic opportunity with one of Canada's most active venture capital groups to launch and/or accelerate your career in either the PE or VC industries. Here's how
• Conduct thesis design sessions in which we align with our partners across financial and operational units as to "where the puck is going"
• Conduct technical, financial and operational Due Diligence
• Lead the Diversity & Inclusion monitoring and reporting of our portfolio companies and identify opportunities for improvement
• Manage the current portfolio of investee companies with a Private Equity view to value optimisation and realisation
• Develop, track and positively influence the ongoing investment by developing key business metrics in conjunction with our investee companies
• Manage the software solutions to support the portfolio
• Stay up to date on current trends in the technology industry and key operational and financial metrics to assess companies Qualifications: You're the missing piece of the puzzle
• Required minimum of 2+ Years prior experience as part of a Venture Capital or M&A deal team, either as Associate or Analyst or in Advisory in tech focused consulting or investment banking
• Knowledge of operational and financial drivers and best practices affecting technology companies
• Demonstrated depth of financial analytics experience and advanced excel modelling using a driver-based methodology
• Experience with Power BI a plus
• Experience using CRM and other deal flow and portfolio management tools
• MBA degree, CFA or CPA designation(s) You will be successful if you have the following:
• Superior financial modelling, research and presentation skills with the ability to present strategic options in a clear concise manner
• Entrepreneurial spirit which will drive passionate ownership, process improvement and responsibility for the portfolio of investments
• Proven ability to coordinate multiple, simultaneous projects and initiatives in the portfolio and work within an environment of rapid change and evolving priorities
• Excellent relationship management and collaboration skills including the ability to collaborate effectively in situations without formal influence & across geographies
• Continuous improvement mentality - challenging the status quo
• Strong communication skills, with experience interacting with senior leaders in both large and small organizations
• Strong bias to action with the ability to work independently to achieve the required goals
• A competitive but collaborative personality
• Team players only
This is a rare opportunity for someone looking to expand their knowledge and experience in the Venture Capital industry. A bit about us
Our business is connecting Canadians. Our social impact is using our world-leading technology to create meaningful change, give back to help communities thrive, and help those who need it most. When you join our team, you're helping us make the future friendly. We're committed to diversity and equitable access to employment opportunities based on ability -your unique contributions and talents will be valued and respected here.
Banking, Finance and Insurance