Take Earth's most customer-centric company. Mix in hundreds of millions of shoppers spending tens of billions of dollars annually, an exciting opportunity to build next-generation shopping experiences, Amazon's tremendous computational resources, and our extensive e-Commerce experience. What do you get? The most exciting Recommendations/Personalization position in the industry.
Are you passionate about working on disruptive ideas? Are you obsessed with finding and building the most innovative and customer-friendly user experiences? Have you built and launched new experiences that impact shoppers all around the world? This is a unique opportunity that combines the ability to build exciting, new user experiences for Amazon's customers, with the opportunity to work with Big Data, Machine Learning, and other advanced techniques to provide the best personalized experience for hundreds of millions of Amazon's customers.
As a Senior Applied Scientist, you will be responsible for designing, developing, and deploying large-scale data mining solutions and distributed machine learning systems that ultimately make shopping on Amazon delightful and functional. You will collaborate closely with teams of software engineers, applied machine learning scientists, product managers, user interface designers, and others in order to influence our business and technical strategy, and play a key role in defining the team's roadmap.
A successful candidate will have an established background in machine learning science, large scale software systems, a strong technical ability, great communication skills, and a motivation to achieve results in a fast-paced environment.BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
• PhD in Computer Science, ML, Statistics or related field
• 7+ years of industry experience
• Extensive experience building predictive and optimization models
• Expert knowledge and practical experience in several of the following areas: machine learning, statistics, deep learning, natural language processing, informational retrieval
• Proficiency in at least one modern programming language such as Java, C, C++, C#, Python
• Excellent problem solving skills
• Excellent written and oral communication skillsPREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
• Significant peer reviewed scientific contributions in premier journals and conferences
• Proven track record leading, mentoring, and growing teams of scientists
• Highly motivated self-starter with bias for innovative thinking
• Experience in advertising, website optimization, recommender systems
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer - Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.
Keywords: machine learning, personalization, big data, cloud computing
Software and Programming