BC Transit is searching for a Senior Application Analyst to assist with application support! Are we right for you...
We're passionate about people and creating sustainable, safe and affordable public transit solutions to residents across BC. We are an organization that has a people-first approach and considers people first in every business decision that we make. We are part of the solution and what we do matters; from fighting climate change with battery electric buses, to affordability through cost effective transportation, to connecting remote communities, we bring the heart, soul and innovation to public transportation.
It's an exciting time to be in the public transportation sector and we're looking for a creative and passionate leader to join our team. Not only would you be joining an engaged organization, but you'd also get to enjoy flexible work arrangements, extended benefits and a pension plan as just a few of the benefits BC Transit employees are eligible for. Keep reading to find out if this role is meant for you! What you'll be doing... To illustrate what you could be doing in this role, this is what a day might look like.
As a senior application analyst, your day is filled with exciting projects and tasks that offer endless opportunities for exploration and active participation.
Each morning, as you savor your first sip of coffee, you begin by organizing your day through email and calendar management. You carefully prioritize your tasks based on their importance and project commitments, ensuring smooth progress throughout the day.
Your day-to-day operations involve handling various assignments via a ticketing system. These tasks may range from setting up SharePoint project sites and team channels to delving deep into the world of M365 features. You conduct thorough research and testing, ensuring the functionality and security of these applications before making them available to end users. Some days, you may even take on the responsibility of patching application servers or examining backend code to address any potential security vulnerabilities.
Your expertise is crucial in meetings where business stakeholders rely on your technical knowledge to identify suitable tools for their needs. Your creative problem-solving skills shine as you work towards innovative solutions. This could involve dedicating time to designing canvas applications within the power platform or exploring the capabilities of Azure Data Factory in a sandbox environment.
As the day winds down, you collaborate with vendors and the internal IT department to assist in setting up Azure file shares or application integration points, enabling the utilization of a hybrid approach. Working closely with your team members and reporting to your people leader, you continuously strive to enhance your own skills and the capabilities of the Enterprise application team as you support BC Transit in providing the best possible transportation solution to the people of British Columbia. What you'll bring to the table...
What we'll bring to the table...
- Senior level experience in application support
- Proficient in all aspects of the software development life cycle (SDLC)
- Ability to communicate technical issues to non-technical staff effectively.
- Knowledge and experience of architecting low code platform solutions.
- Experience with implementation and integration of various cloud architectures and data storage services.
- Experience supporting enterprise applications like PeopleSoft, Oracle eBusiness, JD Edwards, SAP
- Skilled in SQL database administration, data integrity, performance optimization, and security. Proficient in connecting data across platforms and utilizing tools such as PowerBI, Crystal reports, and Hubble for analysis. Experienced in developing impactful dashboards for data visualization
What next steps could look like...
- Comprehensive medical and dental benefits to support you and your family, regardless of what life throws at you
- Membership in a "gold plated" defined benefit pension plan, meaning it's the best in the Province and one of the best in the country; putting you in a strong position when it comes time to retire
- Access to fitness and lifestyle centers to help you take care of your physical fitness and health
- Various programs that support employees such as an Employee Assistance Program and health and wellness initiatives and events aimed at fostering your mental health
- A complimentary employee bus pass (plus two taxable dependent passes)
- A corporate learning and development program to help you in continuous career growth
- An employee recognition program where we all recognize each other's successes (not just your Leaders!)
- A social club that gives you access to events throughout Victoria
Interviews will be conducted on June 19th and 20th, 2023
An assignment will form part of the recruitment process and be sent to shortlisted applicants in conjunction with their interview invites
An eligibility list for future full time regular and temporary full-time vacancies may be established
The position requires the completion of a Criminal Record Check or Vulnerable Sector Search.
If you have a disability that requires accommodation during any stage of our recruitment process, please let us know how we can assist you.
BC Transit is committed to providing access, equal opportunity and reasonable accommodation for individuals with disabilities. If the organization identifies this position as reasonable accommodation for an existing employee, all candidates will be notified as soon as reasonably possible. Images Additional Info
Job Type : Full-Time
Location : Victoria, BC, Sidney, BC
Experience Level : Not Applicable
Software and Programming