Job Description Summary
Are you looking to use your analytical skills and chemistry knowledge to solve technical problems as part of a dynamic and collaborative team? Join our team as a Senior Analytical Development and Services Associate, helping the Chemistry Analytical team with their cutting edge research in nanoparticle technology!
In this role, you will evaluate and troubleshoot new analytical chemistry methods for characterizing nanoparticles and associated reagents using a suite of analytical instruments. You will also conduct literature searches, design, perform, and troubleshoot experiments, analyze and interpret data, and communicate your findings in team meetings and regular reports. Take the next step in your biotechnology career at STEMCELL Technologies, the largest biotechnology company in Canada!Job Description Duties and Responsibilities
Knowledge and Qualifications
- Characterize and quantify various polymers, proteins, nanoparticles and reagents for STEMCELL's raw materials, intermediates, and finished products
- Conduct data analysis, identify abnormal or unexpected trends, and summarize conclusions in presentation-type formats and technical reports
- Present data and conclusions at team meetings and participate in discussions with collaborators and stakeholders from other business areas, including Quality Control and Research and Development
- Contribute to future project and experimental planning under supervision of the team leader
- Support general laboratory upkeep and safety, including ordering reagents and consumables
- BSc. degree in Chemistry, Biochemistry or a related field with 2-6 years of relevant experience, or MSc with less than 4 years experience required
- Practical experience with analytical assays, and using instruments for material characterization and/or liquid chromatography is highly desirable
- Experience performing statistical analyses and interpreting experimental data is an asset
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including experience presenting data to groups and writing reports for broader audiences
- Strong organizational and time-management skills, and the ability to collaborate effectively are highly desirable
#Bench #LI-Onsite #LI-AS1
STEMCELL Technologies is a privately owned, Vancouver-based biotechnology company that helps power leading-edge life science research around the world. Driven by our love of science and passion for quality, we are a company of Scientists Helping Scientists-standing by our customers to provide the outstanding products, technical support, and training they need to advance their research. Scientists performing stem cell, immunology, cancer, regenerative medicine, and cellular therapy research are among those who rely on our cell culture media, cell separation products, instruments, accessory products, and services. Through our many regional offices, as well as our distribution centers in Vancouver, Seattle, Grenoble, and Singapore, we deliver our innovative, specialized products to more than 100 countries. With over 2300 employees globally, most with scientific or engineering degrees, STEMCELL is proud to be the largest biotechnology employer in Canada.
This is an opportunity to work with highly motivated colleagues in a science-oriented, creative, and dynamic environment. We offer a competitive salary, excellent benefits, and meaningful career development opportunities.
STEMCELL is well recognized for exceptional leadership and business practices. We are one of Canada's Best Managed Companies and operate an ISO 14001-certified environmental management system to measure and reduce our environmental impact.
As an equal opportunity employer, STEMCELL is dedicated to ensuring that every employee feels safe, valued, and respected for who they are. We know that scientific progress and innovation occur when diverse, creative minds come together and we are committed to nurturing a culture of inclusivity and belonging. STEMCELL enforces a zero-tolerance policy for any form of discrimination. Selection decisions are solely based on job-related factors.
The annual base salary for this job ranges from:
$68,595.00 - $92,800.00
STEMCELL determines an individual's pay within the range based on multiple factors including experience, education, job-related skills, and equity within the team or organization. For jobs that are eligible for sales incentives, the range noted above is inclusive of target incentives; actual incentives are based on individual performance results in accordance with company policy. In addition to base salary, STEMCELL offers a comprehensive total rewards package including health benefits, retirement savings, and more.
NOTE: STEMCELL'svaccination policy requires that all candidates for this role be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 (including boosters), as currently recommended or required by local health authorities and public health orders, unless an exemption from this policy is approved through our accommodation request process.
To apply, please select the "Apply" button below. You will then be directed to a login screen asking you to set up an account, which is required to apply.
Management and Executive