Senior Analyst, Quality Assurance
Location: Kamloops, BC, CA
Job Function: Information Technology Overview:
BCLC's two offices are located on the traditional, ancestral and unceded lands of the xʷməθkʷəy̓əm (Musqueam Indian Band), Sḵwx̱wú7mesh (Squamish), and səlilwətaɬ (Tsleil-Waututh) Peoples in Vancouver and the Tk'emlúps te Secwépemc territory, situated within the Secwépemc Nation in Kamloops. We honour and respect the people, the territory, and the land we are part of.
Joining the Business Technology team at BCLC means you'll be working with cutting-edge technology to help build a world-class entertainment company. This is an engaged, innovative, capable group of talented individuals working in digital enablement, product delivery services, technology platform enablement, enterprise services, integrity and operations. This enables us to execute the purchase and validation of lottery tickets at over 3500 lottery retailers, manage a complex network of 12,000 slot machines and electronic table games across the province and provide the backbone for BCLC's eGaming platform, and much more.
We have offices in Kamloops and Vancouver and can also support 100% remote (from within British Columbia) for this position. Job Summary:
The objective of the Senior Analyst, Quality Assurance (QA) role is to create, manage and execute test plans, test cases and other test artifacts, ensuring that the products and services offered to end users and players meet both organizational standards and end-user requirements. The role identifies and capitalizes on automation opportunities with the aim of reducing manual functional testing and improving product quality. The Senior Analyst, Quality Assurance provides expertise, analysis and advice to internal stakeholders within BCLC and co-ordinates the test activities and deliverables of vendors external to BCLC. Key Accountabilities:
Minimum Required Qualifications:
- Develops test strategies and test plans for development and integration projects ensuring an effective and risk based testing approach to validating the integrity of systems.
- Responsible for the creation and timely delivery of all QA artifacts.
- Coordinates internal and external testing resources, manages system and data setups throughout the test cycle and supervises external contractors. Provides QA status updates and project-end reports to project stakeholders and the management group.
- Proactively identifies and drives the implementation of test automation opportunities.
- Proactively seeks out issue resolution by consulting with developers, vendors and project managers.
- Mentors and develops junior team members and contracted resources.
- Continuously improves the shared QA processes and tool use and actively cooperates in cross departmental workgroups.
- Responsible for Audit and Compliance, including rules and responsibilities, procedures, detailed change information, and documenting meaningful and understandable details about the system and/or applications.
Education and Experience
- University degree in a relevant discipline or a two-year college diploma supplemented by industry recognized professional courses;
- ISTQB (International Software Testing Qualifications Board) Certification is an asset;
- 3-5 years progressively responsible experience in a quality assurance or software development environment;
- Experience in Information Systems testing; vendor management, test management, defect tracking and test reporting tools;
- Experience with test automation is an asset;
- An equivalent combination of education and/or experience may be considered.
- Demonstrated experience in business and process analysis and improvement;
- Sound knowledge of the principles, concepts, practices and techniques of the overall SDLC - specifically in the area of quality assurance;
- Sound experience of web application automation;
- Sound understanding of Selenium and SoapUI
- Experience with continuous integration testing and tools an asset;
- Understanding of B.C. gaming industry is an asset;
- Excellent interpersonal skills;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Excellent problem solving and analytical thinking/innovation;
- Exceptional time management and multi-tasking skills.
For over three decades, BCLC has delivered exceptional gambling entertainment for British Columbians with the primary purpose of giving back to the province.
- Operate provincial, national and "Instant Win" in partnership with over 3500 lottery retailers across the province.
- Oversee 34 casino and community gaming centres across the province.
- Provide safe, secure and legal online gambling options including sports betting, casino style games and lottery.
In the fiscal year prior to the pandemic, we gave over $1.4 billion back to the province to support healthcare, education, community groups, and much more.
To help us achieve this goal, we aim to have the healthiest players in the world by establishing a higher standard of support with evidence-based player health programs.
To build a rich diverse workforce representing the communities which we serve, we welcome applications from people of all colours and cultures, persons with diverse abilities, and members of the 2SLGBTQIA+ community.
BCLC values work life balance and offers remote work options.
Relocation assistance is available for successful job candidates from outside BC.
If you are in need of accommodation or special assistance at any step of your application, please send an email with your request to email@example.com
For over more than a decade, we have been recognized as one of BC's Top Employers - and we are constantly seeking ways to improve our employee and player experience. To learn more about BCLC, please visit: https://corporate.bclc.com/
Ready to join our team? Please Note:
This opportunity will remain open until a qualified candidate pool has been established.
Candidates must be legally entitled to work in Canada and be 19 years of age to work at BCLC.
BCLC requires all employees to be fully vaccinated from Covid-19 (as defined by Health Canada). Full vaccination will be required before commencing employment with BCLC unless a legal exemption is obtained.