Why you should work with us
At BCLC, we believe that our people are what makes us amazing so we are committed to our people. We have a culture of fun and hard work - it's not unusual to see teams eating together at lunch in the cafeteria or heading outside for a walking meeting. We continue to have a highly engaged team and we've been named one of BC's Top 50 Employers
for over 10 years. Here are a few reasons why it's great to be part of the team:
Why our Kamloops office rocks
- Flexible work hours
- Robust wellness program with subsidized onsite yoga, bootcamp, running club and more
- Competitive compensation
- Company paid Flexible Health and Dental plan for you and your family
- Defined Benefit Pension Program
- Leadership and professional development programs
The City of Kamloops offers a relaxed lifestyle with an abundance of recreational opportunities and a close-knit community of welcoming people. It has been home to the BCLC head office since 1985 and features:
- A subsidized cafeteria with healthy and delicious food choices
- Free gym
- Free parking and easy access to transit
- Close proximity to parks, trails and other recreation amenities
The objective of the Senior Analyst, Quality Assurance (QA) role is to create, manage and execute test plans, test cases and other test artifacts, ensuring that the products and services offered to end users and players meet both organizational standards and end-user requirements. The role identifies and capitalizes on automation opportunities with the aim of reducing manual functional testing and improving product quality.
The Senior Analyst, Quality Assurance provides expertise, analysis and advice to internal stakeholders within BCLC and co-ordinates the test activities and deliverables of vendors external to BCLC. Key Accountabilities:
• Develops test strategies and test plans for development and integration projects ensuring an effective and risk based testing approach to validating the integrity of systems.
• Responsible for the creation and timely delivery of all QA artifacts.
• Coordinates internal and external testing resources, manages system and data setups throughout the test cycle and supervises external contractors. Provides QA status updates and project-end reports to project stakeholders and the management group.
• Proactively identifies and drives the implementation of test automation opportunities.
• Proactively seeks out issue resolution by consulting with developers, vendors and project managers.
• Mentors and develops junior team members and contracted resources.
• Continuously improves the shared QA processes and tool use and actively cooperates in cross departmental workgroups.
• Responsible for Audit and Compliance, including rules and responsibilities, procedures, detailed change information, and documenting meaningful and understandable details about the system and/or applications. Minimum Required Qualifications:
Education and Experience
• University degree in a relevant discipline or a two-year college diploma supplemented by industry recognized professional courses;
• ISTQB (International Software Testing Qualifications Board) Certification is an asset;
• 3-5 years progressively responsible experience in a quality assurance or software development environment;
• Experience in Information Systems testing; vendor management, test management, defect tracking and test reporting tools;
• Experience with test automation is an asset;
• An equivalent combination of education and/or experience may be considered. Technical Requirements
• Demonstrated experience in business and process analysis and improvement;
• Sound knowledge of the principles, concepts, practices and techniques of the overall SDLC - specifically in the area of quality assurance;
• Sound experience of web application automation;
• Sound understanding of the following tools:
• Experience with continuous integration testing and tools an asset;
• Understanding of B.C. gaming industry is an asset;
• Excellent interpersonal skills;
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
• Excellent problem solving and analytical thinking/innovation;
• Strong computer skills - MS office suite;
• Exceptional time management and multi-tasking skills. Please Note: This opportunity will remain open until a qualified candidate pool has been established. Please Note: Candidates must be legally entitled to work in Canada