Senior Analyst, Network
Location: Kamloops, BC, CA
Job Function: Information Technology
Joining the Business Technology team at BCLC means you'll be working with cutting-edge technology to help build a world-class entertainment company. This is an engaged, innovative, capable group of talented individuals working in digital enablement, product delivery services, technology platform enablement, enterprise services, integrity and operations. This enables us to execute the purchase and validation of lottery tickets at over 3500 lottery retailers, manage a complex network of 12,000 slot machines and electronic table games across the province and provide the backbone for BCLC's eGaming platform, and much more.
We have offices in Kamloops and Vancouver and can also support 100% remote (from within British Columbia) for this position.Job Summary:
Reporting to the Manager Network Services, the Senior Network Analyst is responsible for the development, integration, operations and maintenance of all network technologies within the IT infrastructure. The Senior Network Analyst will participate in the design phase and provide input into the future direction of network technologies and management, analyze problems and drive solutions during testing and post-implementation and provide strong troubleshooting and implementation skills. This role will provide network support in the areas of data, VOIP, access, performance, surveillance, scalability, security, reliability, and fault tolerance.
The Senior Network Analyst acts as a consultative partner, providing subject matter expertise, analysis and advice to internal and external stakeholders, service providers and regulatory bodies, enabling BCLC to efficiently deliver highly available on-line products and services to our players. Accountabilities:
Minimum Required Qualifications:
- Researches, develops and integrates new network technologies into the IT infrastructure.
- Analyzes network performance trends, recognizes opportunities and proactively implements upgrades and enhancements.
- Analyzes and resolves chronic network problems and works with network vendors to effect problem resolution in a timely manner, escalating where necessary.
- Leads the installation of Network devices and systems into facilities across BC, including our primary and backup Data Centers, while meeting the build standards and guidelines set forth by the Network and Facilities teams.
- Designs a repeatable process for installation, security and configuration that allows simple operational processes for support.
- Liaises with and manages vendors, including development and oversight of RFP's, contracts and Service Level Agreements.
- Manages internal and external resources through effective project management, providing status reporting to stakeholders and ensuring deadlines are met.
- Within a cross-divisional team, contributes to the design and development of the Enterprise Architecture roadmap and ensures compliance with industry standards.
- Ensures compliance with all information security policies and standards by performing regular audits and ensures software licenses, patches, firmware and security updates are applied and fraud detection systems and processes are maintained.
- Maximizes revenue generation through a high degree of network availability as facilitated by risk analysis and service management.
- Builds strategic relationships with other industry peers to facilitate information exchange and partnering.
- Develops, implements and maintains policies, procedures and standards pertaining to network requirements.
Education and Experience
- Post-secondary education in Engineering, Computer Science, Information Systems, or related scientific or technical discipline;
- CCNA, CCNP or CCIE Cisco certification preferred;.
- ITIL Foundations and a strong understanding of the ITIL framework and principles considered an asset;
- 3-5 years' related experience in an IT environment;
- Extensive experience in implementing routing and switching technologies and protocols (i.e. OSPF, BGP, Spanning Tree);
- An equivalent combination of education and/or experience may be considered.
- Thorough understanding of network security (i.e. ACLs, Firewalls, VPNs, Intrusion Detection Systems and Intrusion Prevention Systems);
- Through understanding of WAN infrastructure (i.e. Proxies, Load Balancers, Optimizers);
- Troubleshooting and Performance Analysis (i.e. WireShark, Solarwinds);
- Excellent time management, organizational and multi-tasking skills to manage multiple concurrent objectives, projects, groups or activities;
- Excellent problem solving and analytical thinking/innovation;
- Excellent customer service, communication and interpersonal skills;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Ability to develop and maintain good working relationships with vendors and contractors;
- Demonstrated experience in business and process analysis and improvement;
- Understanding of B.C. gaming industry would be an asset.
- Must be able to work flexible hours and provide after-hours support as needed.
For over three decades, BCLC has delivered exceptional gambling entertainment for British Columbians with the primary purpose of giving back to the province.
- Operate provincial, national and "Instant Win" in partnership with over 3500 lottery retailers across the province.
- Oversee 34 casino and community gaming centres across the province.
- Provide safe, secure and legal online gambling options including sports betting, casino style games and lottery.
In the fiscal year prior to the pandemic, we gave over $1.4 billion back to the province to support healthcare, education, community groups, and much more.
To help us achieve this goal, we aim to have the healthiest players in the world by establishing a higher standard of support with evidence-based player health programs.
To build a rich diverse workforce representing the communities which we serve, we welcome applications from people of all colours and cultures, persons with diverse abilities, and members of the LGBTQ2S+ community.
BCLC values work life balance and offers remote work options.
Relocation assistance is available for successful job candidates from outside BC.
If you are in need of accommodation or special assistance at any step of your application, please send an email with your request to firstname.lastname@example.org
For over more than a decade, we have been recognized as one of BC's Top Employers - and we are constantly seeking ways to improve our employee and player experience. To learn more about BCLC, please visit: www.corporate.bclc.com.
Ready to join our team? Please Note:
This opportunity will remain open until a qualified candidate pool has been established.
Candidates must be legally entitled to work in Canada and be 19 years of age to work at BCLC.
BCLC requires all employees to be fully vaccinated from Covid-19 (as defined by Health Canada). Full vaccination will be required before commencing employment with BCLC unless a legal exemption is obtained.