Why you should work with us
At BCLC, we believe that our people are what makes us amazing so we are committed to our people. We have a culture of fun and hard work - it's not unusual to see teams eating together at lunch in the cafeteria or heading outside for a walking meeting. We continue to have a highly engaged team and we've been named one of BC's Top 50 Employers
for over 10 years. Here are a few reasons why it's great to be part of the team:
Why our Kamloops office rocks
- Flexible work hours
- Robust wellness program with subsidized onsite yoga, bootcamp, running club and more
- Competitive compensation
- Company paid Flexible Health and Dental plan for you and your family
- Defined Benefit Pension Program
- Leadership and professional development programs
The City of Kamloops offers a relaxed lifestyle with an abundance of recreational opportunities and a close-knit community of welcoming people. It has been home to the BCLC head office since 1985 and features:
- A subsidized cafeteria with healthy and delicious food choices
- Free gym
- Free parking and easy access to transit
- Close proximity to parks, trails and other recreation amenities
Reporting to the Manager Network Services, the Senior Network Analyst is responsible for the development, integration, operations and maintenance of all network technologies within the IT infrastructure. The Senior Network Analyst will participate in the design phase and provide input into the future direction of network technologies and management, analyze problems and drive solutions during testing and post-implementation and provide strong troubleshooting and implementation skills. This role will provide network support in the areas of data, VOIP, access, performance, surveillance, scalability, security, reliability, and fault tolerance.
The Senior Network Analyst acts as a consultative partner, providing subject matter expertise, analysis and advice to internal and external stakeholders, service providers and regulatory bodies, enabling BCLC to efficiently deliver highly available on-line products and services to our players. Accountabilities:
• Researches, develops and integrates new network technologies into the IT infrastructure.
• Analyzes network performance trends, recognizes opportunities and proactively implements upgrades and enhancements.
• Analyzes and resolves chronic network problems and works with network vendors to effect problem resolution in a timely manner, escalating where necessary.
• Leads the installation of Network devices and systems into facilities across BC, including our primary and backup Data Centers, while meeting the build standards and guidelines set forth by the Network and Facilities teams.
• Designs a repeatable process for installation, security and configuration that allows simple operational processes for support.
• Liaises with and manages vendors, including development and oversight of RFP's, contracts and Service Level Agreements.
• Manages internal and external resources through effective project management, providing status reporting to stakeholders and ensuring deadlines are met.
• Within a cross-divisional team, contributes to the design and development of the Enterprise Architecture roadmap and ensures compliance with industry standards.
• Ensures compliance with all information security policies and standards by performing regular audits and ensures software licenses, patches, firmware and security updates are applied and fraud detection systems and processes are maintained.
• Maximizes revenue generation through a high degree of network availability as facilitated by risk analysis and service management.
• Builds strategic relationships with other industry peers to facilitate information exchange and partnering.
• Develops, implements and maintains policies, procedures and standards pertaining to network requirements. Minimum Required Qualifications:
Education and Experience
• Post-secondary education in Engineering, Computer Science, Information Systems, or related scientific or technical discipline;
• CCNA, CCNP or CCIE Cisco certification preferred;.
• ITIL Foundations and a strong understanding of the ITIL framework and principles considered an asset;
• 3-5 years' related experience in an IT environment;
• Extensive experience in implementing routing and switching technologies and protocols (i.e. OSPF, BGP, Spanning Tree);
• An equivalent combination of education and/or experience may be considered. Technical Requirements
• Thorough understanding of network security (i.e. ACLs, Firewalls, VPNs, Intrusion Detection Systems and Intrusion Prevention Systems);
• Through understanding of WAN infrastructure (i.e. Proxies, Load Balancers, Optimizers);
• Troubleshooting and Performance Analysis (i.e. WireShark, Solarwinds);
• Excellent time management, organizational and multi-tasking skills to manage multiple concurrent objectives, projects, groups or activities;
• Excellent problem solving and analytical thinking/innovation;
• Excellent customer service, communication and interpersonal skills;
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
• Ability to develop and maintain good working relationships with vendors and contractors;
• Demonstrated experience in business and process analysis and improvement;
• Understanding of B.C. gaming industry would be an asset. Working Conditions:
• Must be able to work flexible hours and provide after-hours support as needed. Please Note: This opportunity will remain open until a qualified candidate pool has been established. Please Note: Candidates must be legally entitled to work in Canada