Senior Analyst, Application Support (Temporary - 2 years)
Location: Kamloops, BC, CA
Job Function: Information Technology Overview:
BCLC's two offices are located on the traditional, ancestral and unceded lands of the xʷməθkʷəy̓əm (Musqueam Indian Band), Sḵwx̱wú7mesh (Squamish), and səlilwətaɬ (Tsleil-Waututh) Peoples in Vancouver and the Tk'emlúps te Secwépemc territory, situated within the Secwépemc Nation in Kamloops. We honour and respect the people, the territory, and the land we are part of.
Joining the Business Technology team at BCLC means you'll be working with cutting-edge technology to help build a world-class entertainment company. This is an engaged, innovative, capable group of talented individuals working in digital enablement, product delivery services, technology platform enablement, enterprise services, integrity and operations. This enables us to execute the purchase and validation of lottery tickets at over 3500 lottery retailers, manage a complex network of 12,000 slot machines and electronic table games across the province and provide the backbone for BCLC's eGaming platform, and much more.
We have offices in Kamloops and Vancouver and can also support 100% remote (from within British Columbia) for this position.Job Summary
The objective of the Senior Analyst, Applications Support role is to manage and execute the delivery of professional, technical, and analytical services and solutions to the organization for related eGaming software. The role is also responsible for production support of the software solutions, including managing the lifecycle of assigned incidents, problem resolution and vendor escalations.
The Senior Analyst, Applications Support, acts as a consultative partner by providing subject matter expertise, analysis and advice to internal and external stakeholders to BCLC that enable the business to provide technical products and services efficiently and effectively. Excellent relationship and communication skills are key in this role as this person works with multi-layers of stakeholders.
This role may be required to provide after-hours support. Key Accountabilities:
Minimum Required Qualifications:
- Conducts and/or coordinates varied and moderately complex technical troubleshooting work related to the eGaming application.
- Coordinates and facilitates investigation teams during incident and problem investigations, which often includes directing the efforts of vendors and/or BCLC staff.
- Identifies, develops and maintains materials needed for operational run-state of a given solution, including creation and maintenance of knowledgebase(s) as required.
- Works as part of an agile team with solution designers, developers, business analysts, and delivery people to ensure the software is kept running effectively and efficiently for business stakeholders.
- Performs operational tasks for eGaming agile teams and their stakeholders, including providing resolution to customer technical related issues in partnership with BCLC's customer support team.
- Provides clear support requirements to their team and others who may be affected.
- Provides technical, analytical and subject matter expertise for enterprise-wide IT solution enhancements and production support.
- Works with agile product teams to ensure there are no gaps in requirements by monitoring the solution design and delivery processes.
- May assist with the resolution of defects in requirements identified by Quality Assurance or other teams.
- Proactively resolves complex technical issues and demonstrates innovative thinking by regularly making recommendations for new approaches to technical work and broader issues resolution. Proactively researches, recommends and applies the latest technology and industry best practices and standards.
- Participates in other specialized information technology related tasks.
Education and Experience
- Post-secondary education in information technology supplemented by industry recognized professional courses;
- 3-5 years progressively responsible experience in a programming and/or analysis environment;
- Experience in Information Systems: design, development, support and management is required;
- Vendor management experience would be an asset;
- An equivalent combination of education and/or experience may be considered.
- Strong communication skills including both technical and business writing, documentation and presentation skills;
- Excellent problem solving and analytical thinking/innovation;
- Familiar with relational database design and programming;
- Demonstrated experience in business and process analysis and improvement;
- Excellent interpersonal skills;
- Exceptional time management and multi-tasking skills;
- Strong computer skills - MS Office Suite;
- Understanding of B.C. gaming industry would be an asset.
- Must be able to work flexible hours and provide after-hours support as needed.
For over three decades, BCLC has delivered exceptional gambling entertainment for British Columbians with the primary purpose of giving back to the province.
- Operate provincial, national and "Instant Win" in partnership with over 3500 lottery retailers across the province.
- Oversee 34 casino and community gaming centres across the province.
- Provide safe, secure and legal online gambling options including sports betting, casino style games and lottery.
In the fiscal year prior to the pandemic, we gave over $1.4 billion back to the province to support healthcare, education, community groups, and much more.
To help us achieve this goal, we aim to have the healthiest players in the world by establishing a higher standard of support with evidence-based player health programs.
To build a rich diverse workforce representing the communities which we serve, we welcome applications from people of all colours and cultures, persons with diverse abilities, and members of the 2SLGBTQIA+ community.
BCLC values work life balance and offers remote work options.
Relocation assistance is available for successful job candidates from outside BC.
If you are in need of accommodation or special assistance at any step of your application, please send an email with your request to firstname.lastname@example.org
For over more than a decade, we have been recognized as one of BC's Top Employers - and we are constantly seeking ways to improve our employee and player experience. To learn more about BCLC, please visit: https://corporate.bclc.com/
Ready to join our team? Please Note:
This opportunity will remain open until a qualified candidate pool has been established.
Candidates must be legally entitled to work in Canada and be 19 years of age to work at BCLC.
BCLC requires all employees to be fully vaccinated from Covid-19 (as defined by Health Canada). Full vaccination will be required before commencing employment with BCLC unless a legal exemption is obtained.