Interested in helping shape transformational People & Culture initiatives? Join our Team!
The Compensation Team is passionate about bringing thought leadership, innovation and expertise to the design and delivery of compensation programs, within the total rewards offerings. We look to inspire an exceptional team member experience which differentiates TELUS from our competitors. Here's what we believe -
• We are ONE team - there's no room for egos or blame
• Everything we do is tied to the business
• We challenge the status quo - and when others think we're done, we make it better
• We live up to our commitments - to ourselves, our friends, family, peers, leaders and our customers
• Our success is all about how we do things - how we think, solve problems, deliver, communicate, and more What you bring
You will be responsible for providing extensive support in the design of executive compensation structures for the company's executive officers and senior management as well as managing company policies and procedures for executive compensation. You will provide subject matter expertise to the People & Culture ("P&C") team members and business leaders that enable the achievement of TELUS' goals and objectives. With your consultative approach, strategic focus, curiosity, industry knowledge, analytical thinking, and pragmatism, you'll influence decisions relating to our programs.
You provide professional understanding of compensation, total rewards, and human resources and use your knowledge to reinforce the design, education and facilitation of executive compensation programs that supports the constantly changing needs of our business landscape. The impact you'll make and what we'll accomplish together!
The People & Culture Senior Advisor, Executive Compensation, supports the Director of Compensation to carry out their responsibilities related to the governance, design and administration of executive compensation. You will look to solve a diverse set of problems where the analysis of data requires evaluation of identifiable factors. The P&C team as well as leaders in the organization depend on our team to provide guidance on internal and external market trends and we help empower leaders to effectively attract and retain executive team members in alignment with the TELUS strategy. Here's how
• Support business objectives by providing Executive Compensation consulting, advice, project management, and analytics
• Support the preparation of materials for meetings of the Human Resources and Compensation Committee of the Board throughout the year;
• Support the production of the company's Proxy Statement through the drafting of executive compensation sections and the collection of the necessary data and inputs
• Research competitor proxy statements and other public filings to understand and keep pace with competitor compensation structures and changes, including tracking competitor earnings release dates, proxy filing dates, and key metrics;
• Review and track Proxy Advisor policy changes and run pro-forma modeling on say-on-pay and equity plan recommendations utilizing ISS and Glass Lewis published models;
• Support the market evaluation and administration of President/SVP/VP compensation;
• Participate in executive benchmarking; create benchmarking exhibits of CEO and executive officer pay levels using public filings;
• Provide analysis of executive compliance with stock ownership; conduct regular modeling and monitoring of authorized share usage for employee equity grants, using various stock prices;
• Maintain inventory and records of executive employee agreements, change-in-control agreements, and other plan documents relating to executive compensation; and
• Participate in the overall Executive Compensation planning, implementation and communication Qualifications: You're the missing piece of the puzzle... With:
• Strong aptitude for understanding and analyzing proxies, public filings, and survey data
• Ability to analyze and maintain awareness of evolving trends in the market
• Ability to develop insightful, value-added, and actionable analyses with detailed explanations regarding drivers of those results
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills; able to present clean, organized, and thorough information and data appropriate for intended audience
• Strong attention to detail with ability to work well under pressure, balance multiple priorities, and produce results in a timely and accurate manner
• Ability to provide timely and professional support to all constituents with a special focus on senior leadership requests
• Comfortable in continuously changing, dynamic environments
• A Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience and education
• Minimum 4 years of experience in Compensation administration or equivalent role
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)
• Availability to work extended hours, which may include weekends Great to have...
• Hold or working towards your HRPA designation or equivalent
• Hold or working towards your WorldatWork Certified Compensation Professional (CCP) designation
• Bilingual (written and conversational English and French) A bit about us
Our business is connecting Canadians. Our social impact is using our world-leading technology to create meaningful change, give back to help communities thrive, and help those who need it most. When you join our team, you're helping us make the future friendly. We're committed to diversity and equitable access to employment opportunities based on ability -your unique contributions and talents will be valued and respected here.