Fortinet (NASDAQ: FTNT) protects the most valuable assets of some of the largest enterprise, service provider and government organizations across the globe. The company's fast, secure and global cyber security solutions provide broad, high-performance protection against dynamic security threats while simplifying the IT infrastructure. They are strengthened by the industry's highest level of threat research, intelligence and analytics. Unlike pure-play network security providers, Fortinet can solve organizations' most important security challenges, whether in networked, application or mobile environments - be it virtualized/cloud or physical. More than 210,000 customers worldwide, including some of the largest and most complex organizations, trust Fortinet to protect their brands. Learn more at http://www.fortinet.com , the Fortinet Blog or FortiGuard Labs .
We are looking for a Director of Security Orchestration to work in a dynamic and exciting new position within the FortiGuard Security Strategy organization (FSSG) office of the CISO. The Security Orchestrator's main responsibilities will be creating new systems for the security strategy organization to work with, including FortiGuard SE, Threat Researchers and Data Scientists. These systems will orchestrate information flow from multiple key backend FortiGuard research systems, from various locations. This consolidated system will help to provide further contextual threat intelligence information that will be used for key information sharing relationships, including Cyber Threat Alliance, national CERT, and commercial FortiGuard services.
The Security Orchestrator will be instrumental working day to day on information flow channels that these key relationships rely on. They will work to ensure proper, quality information flows from point A to B in an operational manner.
The role reports into the Security Strategy organization, office of the CISO. The Director of Security Orchestration will work with many interfaces, both technical and human - and must possess a driven spirit with strong communication skills. Strong knowledge and experience of threat intelligence protocols such as MISP, STIX and TAXII are a must.
FortiGuard Services offer broad security solutions including antivirus, intrusion prevention, Web content filtering and anti-spam capabilities. These services help protect against threats on both application and network layers. FortiGuard Services are updated by FortiGuard Labs, which enables Fortinet to deliver a combination of multi-layered security intelligence and zero-day protection from new and emerging threats. FortiGuard Labs has experts in cyber threat response and analysis world wide. Responsibilities:
- Develop new environments to support information flow channels, including front end user interfaces
- Support ingest of threat intelligence information, orchestrate and facilitate relationships to appropriate departments
- Participate in industry forums such as Cyber Threat Alliance, and OASIS Cyber Threat Intelligence Technical Committee
- Help support and develop threat demonstration systems that use FortiGuard intelligence and the security fabric
- Facilitate internal response to breaking threats to ensure research teams have appropriate protections in place (indicators of compromise), in order to achieve optimal customer protection in a timely manner
- Collaborate closely with marketing and technical marketing and be able to clearly position Fortinet both from a technical and business perspective against competitors
- Work closely with the security strategy and sales engineering team, to ensure the growth of the associated products in the region
- Solid understanding of scripting languages including Shell, Ruby, Perl, Python
- Solid understanding of how web service work together, include HTTP, REST, XMLRPC, JSON and preferably STIX/TAXII
- Code versioning via GIT and GitLab or similar
- Knowledge of Docker and Kubernetes for devops
- Experience with deploying and designing big data architectures with Apache based products: Spark, Hive, Kafka, Zeppelin, HDF and big databases like Cassandra, HBase, Redshift
- Experience with deploying web frameworks stacks like Flask or Django
- Experience with AWS or Google Cloud managed services
- Solid understanding and working experience with threat intelligence protocols including MISP, STIX and TAXII
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively to technical and business leaders through written and spoken communication
- Clear understanding of competitive landscape and differentiators in regard to APT defense
- Familiar understanding of malware and sandbox concepts
- Familiar understanding of security vulnerability and exploit lifecycle
- Presentation skills to technical and business audiences are a strong asset
- Hands on experience in database design/operation/maintenance and MySQL is a strong asset
- Networking concepts and Linux system administration skills are an asset
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science or related field
Posted: November 16, 2018
Closes: January 15, 2019