Security Engineer - Security Automation and Orchestration
Location: Kamloops, BC, CA
Job Function: Information Technology Overview:
BCLC's two offices are located on the traditional, ancestral and unceded lands of the xʷməθkʷəy̓əm (Musqueam Indian Band), Sḵwx̱wú7mesh (Squamish), and səlilwətaɬ (Tsleil-Waututh) Peoples in Vancouver and the Tk'emlúps te Secwépemc territory, situated within the Secwépemc Nation in Kamloops. We honour and respect the people, the territory, and the land we are part of.
Joining the Business Technology team at BCLC means you'll be working with cutting-edge technology to help build a world-class entertainment company. This is an engaged, innovative, capable group of talented individuals working in digital enablement, product delivery services, technology platform enablement, enterprise services, integrity and operations. This enables us to execute the purchase and validation of lottery tickets at over 3500 lottery retailers, manage a complex network of 12,000 slot machines and electronic table games across the province and provide the backbone for BCLC's eGaming platform, and much more.
We have offices in Kamloops and Vancouver and can also support 100% remote (from within British Columbia) for this position. Job Summary:
The Security Engineer- Security Automation & Orchestration supports Cyber Security initiatives in the BCLC Cyber Security program and serves as the lead for administering information security platforms (SOAR, SIEM, EDR, Vulnerability Management, and IDS/IPS) and leverages automation to enable security processes. This role also mentors and provides technical leadership to the security platform team; acting as a Subject Matter Expert supporting infrastructure platform teams. Key Accountabilities:
Minimum Required Qualifications:
- Responsible for: agile development & maintenance of automation script/tools to scale Cyber Security work across the organization; developing custom integrations, data correlation, and processing strategies to reduce Cyber Security risk; documenting changes and workflows; participating in Information Security related projects; responding to complex requests and handles escalations for major issues.
- Designs and leads improvements: designs and implements improvements to the Security Incident and Event Management, Threat and Vulnerability Management platforms and the Security Orchestration Automation and Response (SOAR) platforms; designs new workflows that improves BCLC's cyber response to incidents; recommends solutions and methodologies to address application development supply chain risks with untrusted code repositories and libraries.
- Establishes and maintains a Community of Practice (CoP) for area of expertise at BCLC.
- Continuously develops sharp technical skills, quickly getting up to speed on new technology, trends, types of vulnerabilities, exploits and risks to BCLC's information assets.
- Contributes to the development and maintenance of information security policies, standards and procedures, and where needed supports the development of applicable technology standards.
- Provides information on system configurations, accounts and information security practices to auditors and regulators as directed by the Cyber Security management team.
- Establishes and maintains positive relationships with internal system owners and external vendors, providing cyber security and risk management support.
- Maintains good understanding of BCLC's key business systems and processes to support accountabilities listed above, and for consideration and input into Cyber Security program.
Education and Experience
- A degree or diploma in information technology / information security / application security, or equivalent in a related discipline ;
- Technology administration certifications, such as MCSE, CCIE or RHCE, are an asset;
- 4-6 years of progressive experience in information security / application security / information technology;
- Experience working with configuration of SOAR, SIEM, EDR and other security platforms;
- Experience in security controls and integrations related to Microsoft 365, AWS or SaaS implementations are an asset;
- Experience working in Agile teams is an asset;
- An equivalent combination of education and / or experience may be considered.
- Familiarity with scripting languages;
- Demonstrated problem solving and conceptual thinking abilities and passion for cyber security;
- Strong oral and written communication skills, including the ability to write reports and document procedures;
- Good ability to deal with highly sensitive matters with a high degree of tact and diplomacy;
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to prioritize items;
- Good with problem solving and analytical thinking;
- Strong business acumen;
- Good ability to manage relationships at all levels with customers, leaders, contractors and team members to effect change.
For over three decades, BCLC has delivered exceptional gambling entertainment for British Columbians with the primary purpose of giving back to the province.
- Operate provincial, national and "Instant Win" in partnership with over 3500 lottery retailers across the province.
- Oversee 34 casino and community gaming centres across the province.
- Provide safe, secure and legal online gambling options including sports betting, casino style games and lottery.
In the fiscal year prior to the pandemic, we gave over $1.4 billion back to the province to support healthcare, education, community groups, and much more.
To help us achieve this goal, we aim to have the healthiest players in the world by establishing a higher standard of support with evidence-based player health programs.
To build a rich diverse workforce representing the communities which we serve, we welcome applications from people of all colours and cultures, persons with diverse abilities, and members of the 2SLGBTQIA+ community.
BCLC values work life balance and offers remote work options.
Relocation assistance is available for successful job candidates from outside BC.
If you are in need of accommodation or special assistance at any step of your application, please send an email with your request to firstname.lastname@example.org
For over more than a decade, we have been recognized as one of BC's Top Employers - and we are constantly seeking ways to improve our employee and player experience. To learn more about BCLC, please visit: https://corporate.bclc.com/
Ready to join our team? Please Note:
This opportunity will remain open until a qualified candidate pool has been established.
Candidates must be legally entitled to work in Canada and be 19 years of age to work at BCLC.
BCLC requires all employees to be fully vaccinated from Covid-19 (as defined by Health Canada). Full vaccination will be required before commencing employment with BCLC unless a legal exemption is obtained.