Job location: 510 West Georgia Street, Vancouver, V6B 0M3
Terms of employment: Full time, permanent
A Security Engineer II at Amazon is expected to be strong in multiple domains and provide significant contributions to the AWS IT Security team and to multiple groups throughout Amazon. Security engineers are expected to develop elegant solutions to complex business problems and apply appropriate technologies while following security engineering best practices. You are also expected to mentor more junior engineers and be a security thought leader for the organization.
A Security Engineer II must foster constructive dialogue and seek resolution when confronted with discordant views. Engineers in this role are expected to participate fully in the planning of the AWS IT Security team's work and constantly seek opportunities for process improvement. They should also have a deep understanding of at least one specialty for which they are a sought out resource (both within AWS IT Security and by groups throughout Amazon), while having an understanding of the application of Information Security in a broad range of technical areas.
* Application security reviews
* Penetration testing
* Projects and research work as needed
* Security training and outreach to internal development teams
* Security guidance documentation
* Security tool development
* Security metrics delivery and improvements
* Assistance with recruiting activities and administrative work
Salary Range: $123,600 to 206,400/yr commensurable with experienceBASIC QUALIFICATIONS
• BS in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent work experience.
• Minimum of 2 years of experience with any combination of the following: threat modeling experience, secure coding, identity management and authentication, software development, cryptography, system administration and network security.
• Minimum of 2 years of experience with security engineering, system and network security, authentication and security protocols, cryptography, or application security.
Language required for job: English
Applicants must meet all qualifications above.
Benefits: Amazon provides a full range of benefits for our global employees and their eligible family members. Eligible employees may also receive signing bonuses and Amazon Restricted Stock Units. This position is eligible for further pay increases and bonuses at the company's discretion. While they might vary from location to location, Amazon benefits for Canada may include:
• Health Care
• Savings Plans
• Income Protection
• Paid Time Off
• Signing Bonuses
• Employee Stock
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer - Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation #0000