West Fraser is a leading diversified North American forest products company. We are listed on the TSX and recognized for the sixth time, as one of Canada's Top 100 Employers. As one of the leading integrated forest products companies in North America, we produce lumber, wood chips, fiberboard, plywood, pulp, linerboard, kraft paper and newsprint at our mills throughout Alberta, British Columbia, and the southern United States. We have an opportunity at our operations office in Quesnel for a:Section Lead Energy and Carbon - Engineering
The Energy and Carbon Section Lead will lead the development and administer the energy and carbon management strategy plan for West Fraser Industrial sites in British Columbia and Alberta. As a member of the corporate energy department this Section Lead is a liaison among West Fraser operations, consultants, regulatory agencies, and utility companies. This position will work in a cross-functional team environment with staff and management from multiple operational sites. The position, located in Quesnel, reports to the Manager, Energy and Bioproduct Development and will work closely with the Corporate Accountant, Energy and Carbon.Responsibilities include the following:
Desired Experience and Qualifications:
- Provide direct leadership to team of energy engineers on energy conservation projects
- Provide oversight of Pulp division onsite energy engineers and energy efficiency engineer located in the US South
- Keep current on new technologies with respect to energy efficiency
- Review cost / benefit analysis for energy conservation projects
- Assist in the preparation of annual energy pricing forecasts
- Benchmark and track energy usage among business units
- Provide updated strategies for electricity and gas procurement
- Participate as a board member on both BC and Alberta Industrial User Groups representing West Fraser interests on policy and regulatory forums
- Oversee carbon policy including tariffs, project protocols, and cost containment
- Monitor and participate in energy and carbon grant programs
- Oversee consultants for energy policy and gas procurement
- Complete quarterly energy management reports.
- Work closely with Governments, BC Hydro and other utilities to monitor and advise on changing legislation, and regulations
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, or applied technology
- Registered Professional Designation
- Minimum three years of experience in an industrial facility or energy management experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work self-motivated
- This position will require considerable travel to all West Fraser locations.
West Fraser believes strongly in promoting from within and we are looking for individuals who are interested in a full-time, long-term career. We offer a stable yet challenging work environment with career development opportunities. We offer an excellent compensation package including a competitive salary, excellent benefits and an outstanding pension plan.
Quesnel is a family-friendly community of 25,000 located in central British Columbia. Quesnel offers affordable housing, modern recreational and educational facilities, regular community events, as well as unlimited recreational activities for the outdoor enthusiast. It doesn’t take long to feel part of Quesnel’s welcoming community.
If this position sounds like the career for you, submit your cover letter and resume at www.westfraser.com/jobs.
Click "apply now" in green at the top of the page.
For more information on West Fraser and other career opportunities, visit our website at www.westfraser.com/jobs.We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those short-listed will be contacted.