Want to work in a start-up environment with the resources of Amazon behind you? Do you want to have direct and immediate impact on millions of customers every day? In this role, you will be a technical leader with massive impact. If you are a self-starter, enjoy building large scale distributed and orchestration systems, and are intrigued by ambiguous problems, look no further.
The Multichannel Ads team is building the next generation of products and services that will fuel the future growth of Amazon's ad solutions. Based in beautiful Vancouver, our infrastructure team is developing innovations to support Amazon and 3rd party advertising across all types of mediums at massive scale. This is a chance to be in on a huge opportunity as we put an Amazon twist into online advertising.
About this role:
As a seasoned Software Development Manager (SDM) on the Campaign Management As A Service team you will hire and lead a team of engineers to build products that will be leveraged by core Advertising tech teams to consume campaign data to meet their business objectives. You will be the technical lead for the new Event Bus solution, working with your team and peers to design, build, and productionalize a new solution and onboard advertising teams. You will mentor your team on best practices for building quality software and raising the bar on operational excellence.
Great candidates for this role will have good communication skills and know how to work collaborative in teams that are spread across locations. We are looking for great leaders who think big and enjoy diving deep and understanding the technical details and take pride in solving customer problems.
If you enjoy working and growing high performance teams, being part of a rapidly growing business, and inventing creative solutions to complex problems, this may be the role for you!BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
• 7+ years of relevant engineering experience
• 3+ years of people management experience, managing engineers
• Experience in partnering with product and program management teamsPREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or a related technical discipline.
• Experience with at least one modern programming language such as C++, C#, Java.
• Object Oriented Design and familiarity with application and database programming under UNIX/Linux.
• Experience with Agile (SCRUM, RUP, XP), OO modeling, web services, UNIX, middleware, database, and AWS solutions
Software and Programming