IT/IQ Tech Recruiters is seeking an SDET to join our client in Vancouver, BC.
Why work with our client?
- Competitive rates
- Centrally located
- Transit accessible
- Expected to be the champion of quality on the team and drive the quality mindset with coaching and mentoring.
- Ability to pick up engineering tasks designing, developing, and maintaining product features, at a similar capability to an equivalently levelled software engineer.
- Develop solutions that are of high quality, scalable, cloud-based, reliable, and reusable.
- Use quality best practices and programming skills to explore, drive, and implement test automation solutions and testing tools in order to maximize efficiency and test coverage.
- Work with the teams to create and maintain an automated ‘build and test’ verification process that includes an appropriate level of reporting and alerting for teams to be proactive.
- Work collaboratively in an Agile/Scrum team to plan and execute at high velocity, and across teams throughout the organization to reuse existing components and architect shared functionality.
- You will contribute to and lead process improvement initiatives to improve quality.
- Collaborate with key stakeholders including Product Owners – regarding user stories, acceptance criteria, definition of done, and other program-related decisions.
- You will act as a risk-driven quality assurance professional, escalating quality issues and concerns in a timely manner, providing suggestions for improvements and taking the lead on implementing those solutions.
Top Skills Required
- A driven software engineer in test that is motivated to build great products and a great codebase in a fast-paced environment
- Independent and can manage your own projects and time with ease, all the while setting and managing stakeholder expectations
- Strong communication skills with a growth and learning mindset
- Strong analytical thinking and ability to make data-driven decisions
- Passion for quality engineering and the latest technology standards
- 5+ years experience putting in practice sound software engineering fundamentals (frontend or backend)
- Track record of driving positive change, collaboratively implementing QE processes that have improved quality metrics
- Ability to see the bigger picture, identify trends and root causes rather than fixing the symptoms
- Extensive experience with white box testing and understanding of the inner workings of the system under test
- Experience with BDD/TDD and test automation at the unit, component and system test levels
- Experience with test automation tools like WDIO, Jest, Mocha, Jasmine, Selenium
- Experience with API and micro service testing
- Must be legally eligible to work in Canada
Why work with us?
- Build a long-term relationship with an experienced recruitment expert
- Access to the ‘hidden’ job market – opportunities across Canada that aren’t posted on job boards
- Get a high-level understanding of market dynamics affecting your industry
- Gain insight into the culture of the company you’re applying for before submitting your profile
IT/IQ Tech Recruiters provides contract and permanent IT recruitment services to employers across Canada. We have a specialized approach to recruiting, segmenting our recruitment teams into specialty practice areas focusing on Development, PMO, Infrastructure and BI/CRM/ERP skill sets.
This approach enables our recruiters to become specialists; they know the market and work hard to understand each candidates’ capabilities, goals, career ambitions and quickly present them with the best possible opportunities. We are committed to helping candidates develop their careers and to helping our clients grow their business and complete important projects successfully.
We create opportunities for IT Professionals to empower business.