We're Frozen Mountain Software, a global leader in flexible live video conferencing and streaming software solutions--we are all about connecting people, everywhere, to what matters most
. We're a hidden gem that is based in the heart of Surrey, BC (the fastest-growing city in the province!) We were awarded Canada's Top Small & Medium Employers in 2019 and we are featured in the City of Surrey's 2017-2027 Economic Strategy for our commitment to nurturing a great culture.
At Frozen Mountain, we also do everything we can to look after our FM Family
(employees!) from flexible work hours, remote work days, tons of free food and snacks, and awesome company events are just the beginning. The teams themselves are high-impact, A-players
who are incredibly brilliant!
Our Quality Assurance Team
is growing and we are looking for a SDET
(Software Developer in Test) to join our team.What you will be doing:
- Design and code automation frameworks and tests
- Collaborate with those in Dev and Test to help define and implement a test strategy that may include Unit, API, UI, Integration, Operations, Scalability, Performance, Robustness, etc.
- Maintain and document automation frameworks, tools and infrastructure
- Conduct code reviews, improve and maintain quality of the automation code
- Find, reproduce, isolate, identify, report and track issues/bugs/defects through various methods.
- Troubleshoot scaling and deployment issues
- Actively participate in the agile methodology and advocate for self-organizing teams, continuous improvement, technical excellence, etc.
We're often asked, \"what does it take to succeed at Frozen Mountain?\" You've got to have a huge appetite for learning, take ownership, and be smart without having an ego. Here at FM, we believe in the FORCE!
(Family, Ownership, Resourcefulness, Community, Excellence) Is the FORCE
strong within you? Below are more details of what we are looking for in this role.
What's in it for you?
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- Understanding of QA best practices but with an automate-first mentality
- 3+ years of automation back-end development experience
- Experience in building out an automation framework and assembling it with docker
- Experience assembling docker images
- Passion for product quality and a champion for systems and process improvements
- A self-starter who is able to work independently
- A life-long learner who gravitates to understand new technologies
- Competitive salary and we're not just saying that! We compare our salaries to local averages to make sure that we stay ahead.
- Extended Health Benefits paid 100% by the company, RRSP matching up to 5%
- Internal opportunities for professional development and advancement
- Free snack bars, fruits, veggies, specialty coffee and tea, and soft drinks in the office (and of course the Nespresso machine!)
- Regular employee events including monthly pub nights (currently virtual) and Pong Tournaments.
- Comfortable, ergonomic work spaces with top-notch hardware
- Work-from-home days, flexible office hours, and a relaxed office environment
- A space where egos are checked at the door, sleeves are rolled up to lend you a hand, ping pong is serious business and where the CEO will know you by name, rather than by number.
Created by brothers Anton and Jerod Venema in 2008, FM has grown to over 50 employees, and 500 customers and 1000s of developers building with our product worldwide. Through technology and innovation, we inspire and enable development teams through industry leading enterprise-class real-time streaming and analytic solutions. With products built from the ground up, we live and breathe RTC technology. Come work for a company that is built by Developers for Developers!
Frozen Mountain is committed to being a diverse and inclusive workplace. We encourage applicants of different backgrounds, cultures, experiences, abilities and perspectives to apply. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status.