Are you excited in building platforms and services for Customers with a billion-dollar impact? Are you excited in working with AWS technologies and building systems and services from scratch? Are you interested to build on large scale high impact customer facing products and services using least amount of resources with cutting edge technologies in big data and machine learning? If so, here is an opportunity tailored for you. The Amazon Middle Mile Product and Tech team is looking for a technically-skilled Software Development Engineer to join our team.
Who are we?
It's no secret that Amazon relies on its technology to deliver millions of packages every day to its customers - on time, with low cost. The Middle Mile Products & Technology organization builds complex software solutions that work across our vendors, warehouses and carriers to optimize both time & cost of getting the packages delivered. Our services already handle thousands of requests per second, make business decisions impacting billions of dollars a year, integrate with a network of small and large carriers, owner operators and drivers worldwide, manage business rules for millions of unique products, and improve ordering and delivery experience for millions of online shoppers. That said, this remains a fast growing business and our technical journey has only started. Our mission is to build the most efficient and optimal transportation solution on the planet, using our technology and engineering muscle as our biggest advantage. We aim to leverage cutting edge technologies in big data, machine learning, and optimization techniques, and operate high volume, low latency, and high availability services.
What will you do?
You'll design and develop systems and applications used by Amazon worldwide and will regularly interact with engineering and business leadership. You will participate in the planning and execution of technology projects and operational excellence initiatives. You'll also mentor junior engineers in employing strong design and implementation practices.
To accomplish this, you will be expected to have an established background in building highly scalable systems and applications, great communication skills, and a motivation to achieve results in a fast-paced environment. You should be somebody who enjoys working on complex system software, is customer-centric, and feels strongly about building good software as well as making that software achieve its operational goals. Experience with building and operating web-based applications and/or web services-based applications, especially at massive scale, will be very applicable and helpful.
Come and see for yourself why we are one of the most admired company in the US, rated #1 in Innovation and # 1 in Customer Service, and be part of our tradition of working hard, having fun and making history!BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
• 5+ years of software development experience; 3+ years in building and leading engineering teams
• A Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent combination of technical education and work experience
• Solid software development background with strong fundamentals in algorithms and data structures
• Deep hands-on technical expertise in building web services and highly scalable applications
• Excellent verbal and written communication skillsPREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
• Master's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related technical discipline
• Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
Software and Programming