SDE II, North America Retail Expansion
Reference ID: 728946
Amazon brings buyers and sellers together. Our retail customers depend on us to give them access to every product at the best possible price. Our sellers depend on us to give them a platform to launch their business into every home and marketplace. Making this happen is the mission of every engineer on the Amazon North America Retail Expansion team.
We're the North America Retail Expansion development team. Our goal is to leverage US inventory to unlock greater selection, lower prices, and faster delivery for our customers in Canada, Mexico, and Brazil. We're looking for engineers who are passionate about writing code and who love to build distributed systems that are transactional, scalable, high throughput, fault tolerant and always available.
You have a natural curiosity that drives you to fully understand how systems work by digging into their details. Full stack is where you thrive, creatively designing and developing solutions from end to end. You are confident supporting systems that you design and build, because you don't deploy changes that compromise the systems integrity. You enjoy the advantages when working in a team, but you're as effective when working autonomously. "Massive scale, layered complexity, and ambiguous requirements" doesn't scare you, it energize you. Sounds like you? Then we want you!
• BS degree or higher in Computer Science, Engineering or related field
• 5+ years relevant work experience in commercial or web-scale system software development
• Proficiency in developing objected-oriented software, with deep experience in one or more relevant languages (Java, C++, or C#)
• Understanding of operating system fundamentals (Linux or Windows)
• Understanding of scalable computing systems, software architecture, data structures, and algorithms
• Understanding of distributed systems
• Knowledge of professional software engineering best practices for the full software development life cycle
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Strong analytical skills, with excellent problem solving abilities
• Excellent problem solving and design skills, usually coming from a natural curiosity that leads to deep system understanding
• Experience taking a lead role in building and operating scalable distributed systems
• Experience in Agile/SCRUM enterprise-scale software development
• Familiar with building secure software using modern security principles
• Demonstrated ability to achieve stretch goals in a highly innovative and fast paced environment
• Experience developing systems that use AWS services, such as S3, DynamoDB, SNS, SQS, and Lambda
• Loves (or willing to love) board games
Posted: January 19, 2019
Closes: March 20, 2019