Amazon brings buyers and sellers together. Our retail customers depend on us to give them access to every product at the best possible price. Our sellers depend on us to give them a platform to launch their business into every home and marketplace. Making this happen is the mission of every engineer on the Amazon North America Retail Expansion team.
We're looking for leaders and trailblazers who aren't afraid of tackling massive scale, layered complexity, and ambiguous requirements. If you want to create exciting new features, bringing unique experiences and value to our customers, then we want to talk to you. If you want to work on the fulfillment technologies that bring increased selection and a premier delivery experience across all of North America, we want to talk to you. If you want to work on internet scale to positively touch millions of customers' experiences then we want to talk to you!
We're the North America Retail Expansion development team. We aim to leverage US inventory to unlock greater selection, lower prices, and faster delivery for our customers in Canada, Mexico, and Brazil. We're looking for engineers who are passionate about writing code and who love to build distributed systems that are transactional, scalable, high throughput, fault tolerant and always available. We're looking for engineers who are able to design and develop beautiful front-end UI as well as the massively scalable backend services to support it. We're seeking engineers who are comfortable driving the end to end solution and who can do so in an autonomous and creative manner.
A day in the life
About the hiring group
Job responsibilitiesBASIC QUALIFICATIONS
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• Bachelor's degree in computer science related fields OR 1+ years equivalent experience in software development
• Proficiency in developing objected-oriented software, with deep experience in one or more relevant languages (Java, C++, or C#)
• Understanding of operating system fundamentals (Linux or Windows)
• Understanding of scalable computing systems, software architecture, data structures, and algorithms
• Knowledge of professional software engineering best practices for the full software development life cycle
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Strong analytical skills, with excellent problem solving abilitiesPREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
• Experience in developing software using AWS native services & technologies.
• Experience in Agile/SCRUM enterprise-scale software development
• Familiar with building secure software using modern security principles
• Demonstrated ability to achieve stretch goals in a highly innovative and fast paced environment
Software and Programming