Are you looking for a greenfield Software Development Engineer position with Amazon-scale impact? We are building a multi-tenant real time security detection platform and need your help to take it to the next level. We are building support for Machine Learning based anomaly detection system which will be used to secure applications that are used by millions of Amazon customers across the globe.
As a Software Development Engineer on the team you will take ownership over the software design, documentation, development, engineering approach, and delivery of software built natively in AWS. You will build systems for big data ingestion, normalization, validation, storage, MapReduce, analytics, search indices, machine learning pipelines, batch and soft real-time publishing to name a few.
A successful Software Development Engineer will have a broad array of experiences, exceptional design skills, an excellent ability to solve problems, good communication skills and a desire to be a key technical contributor. The software you will be responsible for will require a breadth of technical development knowledge (i.e. distributed systems, big data, orchestration software, analytics software). Daily work will involve interacting with engineers, scientists, stakeholders and managers.
By submitting your application here, you can apply once to be considered for multiple Software Engineer openings across various Amazon teams. If you are successful in passing through the initial application review and assessment, you will be asked to submit your career and personal preferences so that our dedicated recruiters can match you to the right role based on these preferences.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer - Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual OrientationBASIC QUALIFICATIONS
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
• 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experiencePREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
• Master's degree or PHD in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related technical discipline.
• 4+ years industry experience as a Software Engineer or Software Developer.
• Software Engineer or Software Developer experience with machine learning and data mining such as SageMaker, Spark and Hadoop.
• Software Engineer or Software Developer experience with search engine technologies and tools such as Elasticsearch and Kibana.
• Familiarity with professional software engineering & best practices for full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, continuous deployments, testing and operations.
• Demonstrated ability to mentor junior software engineers or software developers in all aspects of their engineering duties.
• Experience communicating with users, software development engineering teams, and management to collect requirements, describe software product features and technical designs.
Software and Programming