Amazon Payments Services build systems that process payments at an unprecedented scale, with accuracy, speed, and mission-critical availability. We process millions of transactions every day worldwide across various payment methods. Hundreds of millions of customers and merchants send hundreds of billions of dollars moving at light-speed through our systems annually. We are starting a new team to innovate and provide a seamless payment experience to our customers across all platforms like mobile, web, voice etc.
As a software development engineer, you will:
• Design, implement, and test major features in the next generation of Amazon's payments platform.
• Work very closely with security engineering teams to design and implement cutting-edge security features and multi-tier distributed services.
• Estimate engineering effort, plan implementation, and rollout system changes that meet requirements for functionality, performance, scalability, reliability, and adherence to development goals and principles.
• Effectively collaborate in a fast paced environment with multiple teams in a large organization (software development, Project/Release Management, Build and Release, etc).
By submitting your application here, you can apply once to be considered for multiple Software Engineer openings across various Amazon teams. If you are successful in passing through the initial application review and assessment, you will be asked to submit your career and personal preferences so that our dedicated recruiters can match you to the right role based on these preferences.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer - Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual OrientationBASIC QUALIFICATIONS
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
• 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experiencePREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
• Master's degree or PHD in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related technical discipline.
• 4+ years industry experience as a Software Engineer or Software Developer.
• Software Engineer or Software Developer experience with machine learning and data mining such as SageMaker, Spark and Hadoop.
• Software Engineer or Software Developer experience with search engine technologies and tools such as Elasticsearch and Kibana.
• Familiarity with professional software engineering & best practices for full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, continuous deployments, testing and operations.
• Demonstrated ability to mentor junior software engineers or software developers in all aspects of their engineering duties.
• Experience communicating with users, software development engineering teams, and management to collect requirements, describe software product features and technical designs.
Software and Programming