We are seeking a dedicated and engaging Scrum Master for our Software department. In this role you will support our product development teams in implementing and continually improving their Scrum practices as well as acting as an advocate for Agile and Scrum within our organization.
As a Scrum Master, you will:
- Facilitate Scrum ceremonies (Daily Scrum, Sprint Planning, Retrospectives, Sprint Review, Backlog Refinement) and support teams in being accountable to their goals and processes
- Enable teams to identify and visualize progress, impediments, and improvement opportunities
- Develop and maintain relationships with stakeholders across the organization, leveraging those relationships to remove impediments to team progress
- Contribute to cross-team identification of improvement opportunities
- Facilitate strategic problem-solving to identify actions to exploit opportunities for improvement
What Are We Looking For?
- Scrum Master® certification or greater
- Minimum one year of experience in the relevant role
- A deep understanding of Agile development and scaling frameworks with preference for Scrum and Large Scale Scrum (LeSS)
- Experience engaging people with a variety of skill sets, communication styles, and cultural backgrounds
- Experience coaching and facilitating remote, on-premises, and mixed teams
Bonus points if you have any of the following:
- A post-secondary degree or diploma in Engineering, Business Administration, Communications, or another related field
- Training in Change Management or Continuous Improvement process models
- Experience with JIRA, Azure Devops, or equivalent tools
- Experience working with product development teams in OEM environment
What About You?
- You are a pragmatic and strategic thinker and communicator
- You have an engaging and open communication style
- You love bringing teams together and are focused on people and relationships
- You have a strong ethical compass and will consistently choose the right thing over the past of least resistance
- You are willing to challenge the status quo in service of continuous improvement
Benefits & Culture
At Codan we know that a compensation package doesn’t just stop at your salary. Our culture encompasses high performing people who work hard but also enjoy each other’s company and love sharing ideas.
Our office is located in beautiful Victoria, BC and represents the best of west coast living. A stone’s throw from the ocean, we enjoy the charm of one of Victoria’s oldest neighbourhoods while being a walk away from the amenities of the downtown core.
As a full-time employee, you will also have access to a variety of benefits including:
- Extended health benefits
- A company matched retirement savings program
- A short-term incentive plan
- A training budget for continuous improvement of your skills