We are looking for a Scrum Master to join one of BC’s Best Employers.
- Highly energetic and enthusiastic Scrum Master
- Able to coach team on agile practices
- Good at bringing people including various departments together
What & Why:
Our financial client is looking for a Scrum Master that will bring passion and enthusiasm for coaching teams and evangelizing scrum and agile best practices within our Digital team. The overall responsibility of this role is to shepherd a development team to build a quality solution at their fastest pace.
The ideal Scrum Master will be a team player and a great communicator, with the ability to facilitate creativity and empowerment for the team. We are looking for a pro-active and pragmatic leader who is excited to find new ways of working and communication style to engage with business, leadership as well as teams on the ground.
Our client develops web and mobile applications as well as provides infrastructure hosting and support for a large retail financial network. They have received a number of awards for their software, and continue to develop & implement new features for business clients to grow their member base. They are firm believers in work-life balance with a 7 hour/day and 35-hour work week.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience being a Scrum Master
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in a leadership or project team role preferred
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, or a related quantitative discipline
- Certified Scrum Master preferred (or equivalent certification such as CSPO, CSD, CSP, or PMI-ACP, SAFe Scrum Master (SSM), CSAP, CLP)
- Ability to promote innovative thinking and self-improvement within the team
- Confident and skilled at navigating the team through road-blocks to allow sprints to be completed on time
- Past experience as a developer is highly desired
- Experience in agile development, with specific Scrum Master or similar experience preferred
- Ability to coach team on agile practices and ensures adherence to agile methodology to deliver maximum business value on time
- Strong communication skills with ability to communicate complex messages and teach new concepts
- Able to resolve conflicts within the team before they become an issue, i.e. a strong mediator
- Experience in scheduling and coordinating meetings, identifying risks/dependencies/impediments, and coordinating resources and handling multiple priorities required
- Brings a high-energy and passionate outlook to the job and can influence those around them
- Able to build a sense of trust and rapport that creates a comfortable & effective workplace
- Ability to demonstrate the understanding of business vision and engages beyond process e.g. in solution design, customer feedback, testing etc.
- Passion for innovation and “can do” attitude
- Guides the team and organization on how to use scrum & agile practices methodologies
- Oversees scrum process, coaches the team; facilitates transparent and adaptive team culture
- Leads daily scrum, sprint review, and planning meetings in a way that ensures full team engagement
- Supports product owner on release planning
- Removes all impediments to the team’s success, such as cultural barriers or logistic challenges, supporting the Product Owner, and ensuring that the team’s progress and successes are highly visible to all stakeholders
- Hands on involvement in product backlog management
- Fosters close cooperation across all team members, encourages cross-training and supporting each other
- Facilitates communication and collaboration inside and outside the team
- Shields the team from external interference and ensures the team is fully functional and productive
- Generates agile mindset in team through conversations, coaching, and role-playing exercises
- Builds a trusting and safe environment where problems can be raised without fear of punishment
- Understands context of technology sufficiently to problem-solve with development team, ask the right questions, and own product quality and continuous delivery to customer
If the sound of this opportunity excites you, and you’re confident that it’s a good fit for your experience and career goals, then we’d love to hear from you! Please send your updated resume to us by applying to this posting and one of our awesome team of recruiters will be in touch.