External Job Description
Reporting to the Agile Practice Lead, the Scrum Master supports the team on their understanding of agile principles while maximizing the value created by the Scrum team.
The Scrum Master serves the:
- Team by encouraging their growth and development
- Product Owner by bringing in empiricism for product delivery to deliver maximum value.
- Organization by providing education on empirical product development and increase the application of agile practices across the organization.
The individual utilizes, mentoring, facilitating, and coaching stances to best build the capabilities of the Scrum team, and organization at large.
The Scrum Master guides individuals, teams and the organization to be a better version of themselves day after day. They continually seek to improve and build highly effective teams.
The Scrum Master truly understands that "the only easy day was yesterday". Responsibilities:
- Be a courageous safety leader, adhere to and sponsor safety, and environmental rules and procedures
- Develop and coach highly effective teams
- Form productive relationships with peers and peer groups within the organization
- Look for ways to strengthen teams understanding of Lean-Agile concepts and principles
- Ensure teams actions are aligned with the product goals/vision
- Ensure Scrum and/or Kanban practices are used and improved within teams
- Use empiricism to maximize product value and bring transparency to the organization to build trust and strengthen relationships between the delivery group and business customers.
- Identify trade-offs between short and long terms benefits to drive shared vision between the team and product owner
- Foster a continuous learning environment helping teams to inspect & adapt
- Experience - Four or more years of relevant work experience with Agile and Scrum in any capacity. We are interested in how you approached problems and applied the Scrum framework.
- Lean-Agile practitioner - Knowledgeable about various Agile methodologies and experienced in coaching Scrum and Kanban teams.
- Communication - Able to propagate information promptly, clearly, and unambiguously
- Teamness - Experiences in assessing how the team is doing and suggest necessary actions to improve while fostering teamwork. How do you support your team of superheroes?
- Complexity busting - Skilled in building relationships and navigating through organizational ambiguity to create a path to value for the team
- Positivity - Brings a positive and passionate outlook to the job and can influence those around her/him
- Great Place to Work - We want to know how you maintain and build on efforts of sustaining a comfortable, effective, and safe workplace while delighting your customers
- Agile certifications an asset: A-CSM, CSP-SM, PSM III, IC
Successful candidates must be fully vaccinated against infection by COVID-19. Candidates who are unable to be vaccinated due to a personal characteristic protected under applicable human rights legislation may request to be exempt from this requirement. We will do our best to accommodate those who are unable to be vaccinated.
At Teck, we value diversity. Our teams work collaboratively and respect each person's unique perspective and contribution.
Qualified applicants interested in joining a dynamic team are encouraged to submit a resume and cover letter electronically.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for the position; however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Teck is a diversified resource company committed to responsible mining and mineral development with major business units focused on copper, steelmaking coal and zinc, as well as investments in energy assets.
Headquartered in Vancouver, Canada, its shares are listed on the Toronto Stock Exchange under the symbols TECK.A and TECK.B and the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol TECK.
Learn more about Teck at www.teck.com or follow @TeckResources.Job Segment:
Analytics, Consulting, Data Analyst, Product Development, Management, Data, Service, Mining, Research