At Avigilon we are helping solve some of the biggest challenges around safety and physical security by developing advanced artificial intelligence (AI) technologies and products that are used to help keep people, businesses, and cities around the world safer. Avigilon, a Motorola Solutions company, designs, develops, and manufactures advanced AI, video analytics, network video management software and hardware, surveillance cameras, and access control solutions that help change the way people interact with their security systems.
Founded in 2004 in Vancouver, Avigilon has been a driving force behind the security industry's AI evolution and has continuously been a company that stands for innovation and growth. At Avigilon, you will find a culture of thought-leaders who are passionate about creating exciting new solutions for security and surveillance. We seek problem-solvers who are eager to rise to the challenges of a continuously evolving technological industry, and those who want to make an impact of the safety of people and businesses globally. Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Director of Supply Chain, Avigilon is seeking an experienced, highly qualified and capable Business Analyst. This role will provide expertise in the areas of business problem/opportunity identification, requirements definition, business process and cost of production analysis.
• As part of our core Supply Chain BA team you will be responsible for ongoing for process improvement projects, work directly with business stakeholders across business units to develop and support business processes and enable within SAP system • Responsible for participating in the analysis, design, development, implementation and supporting activities associated with the supply chain, warehousing, and manufacturing of products • Gather business requirements through interviewing subject-matter experts and documenting business requirements for solutions development • Bridge the gap between the business and IT teams, ensuring common understanding and alignment of both functional and non-functional requirements • Collaborate with other business systems analysts/specialists/solution architects/software vendors on business solutions, architecture strategy, roadmaps to satisfy business objectives • Prepare cost-benefit and return-on-investment analyses to aid in decisions on system implementation • Conduct detailed statistical analysis on data provided and make recommendations to key stakeholders • Measure performance against process requirements • Develop metrics that provide data for process measurement • Evaluate current business processes, identify opportunities, and provide recommendations for changes to business processes using established methodology • Independently plan, prioritize, and coordinate complex and concurrent activities to meet deadlines in a constantly changing environment • Plan, perform and implement process improvement initiatives • Define and complete UAT testing within SAP and other enterprise applications • Manage projects from inception to conclusion • Present analysis results to various groups and individuals, including senior management Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of changing situations • Excellent organization, time management, and follow-up skills • Ability to take initiative and exercise excellent judgment • Advanced knowledge of MS Excel, MS Access, SQL and working knowledge of VBA • In-depth SAP knowledge in manufacturing • Self-motivated and action oriented, with demonstrated track record of pursuing work with energy, drive, and a strong accomplishment orientation • Excellent verbal and written communication skills (reading, writing, listening, oral, presentation) Exceptional interpersonal skills; Able to build strong and successful long-term working relationships, Strong ability to achieve objectives by working with others in an organizational context • Ability to handle changing priorities and manage workload Education:
• Bachelor's Degree in business administration, a Project Management Professional (PMP) designation, or an accounting designation or Diploma in Business Analytics, Economics, Logistics or Supply Chain Management • Certified in SAP would be an asset • Certified in Salesforce would be an asset Experience:
• Minimum 5 years prior experience in a similar role • Experience in Manufacturing areas and businesses • Experience with PLM is an asset • Salesforce knowledge and experience would be an asset Working Conditions
(i.e. lifting, standing for long periods)
• Working in an office environment • Sitting for extended periods of time • Working primarily with computers and other office supplies Perks and Benefits:
As a full-time employee at Avigilon, you are eligible to receive a comprehensive benefits package which includes MSP, extended health, dental, and medical insurance while travelling. You will also receive a health spending account to cover additional healthcare costs, such as vision care, RMT and chiropractor visits.
Manufacturing and Production