Job Description Summary
We are seeking a Scientist with a background in primary cell biology to join our Immunotherapy team. This team is looking for a highly motivated early-career cell biologist with a proven track record of conducting original research with significant conceptual and/or technical advance. The role requires deep technical knowledge and hands-on expertise in molecular and cellular biology, including cell differentiation and genetic engineering techniques, as well as the aptitude for the innovation of new products to drive scientific discovery forward.
Scientists at STEMCELL are key stakeholders in our long-term success through technological innovation and development of novel products and platform technologies. Being a member of the team, you will serve as a scientific ambassador for the company who will drive and leverage collaborations with both internal and external experts beyond immunology including fields such as regenerative medicine, cell therapy, tissue engineering and automation.
Beyond the bench, as STEMCELL is a fully vertically integrated scientific organization, you will have the opportunity to broaden your business acumen working closely with other STEMCELLer's in supply chain, RUO/GMP manufacturing, business development & finance, product management & marketing, and sales & scientific support and education.Job Description Duties & Responsibilities:
- Design, Develop and Execute a range of laboratory procedures including aseptic human cell isolation & culture, flow cytometry, transfection and other varieties of cell-based or molecular assays
- Fully responsible for the development of a product line: set performance criteria, quality of experimental design, project planning, product optimization, and launch.
- Troubleshoot and resolve complex scientific and technical investigations.
- Build collaborative relationships with colleagues across tissue teams and across departments.
- Generate intellectual property and assist in writing patent applications. Perform literature and patent searches to identify new technologies and scientific trends.
- Generate technical documentation and provide pre- and post-product launch support.
- Keep abreast of competitor activities, regularly present competitor analysis reports, and recommend new product development ideas to counter potential competitor threats.
- Contribute to business plans for new products.
- Responsible for supporting corporate goals through innovative product development and by identifying emerging markets.
- Serve as a scientific ambassador of the company to promote the STEMCELL brand and mission.
- PhD in Biological Sciences (Immunology, Molecular & Cell Biology, or other relevant field) with 1 year of post-doctoral or relevant industrial experience is preferred.
- An independent researcher with product, methodology, and/or technology development experience.
- Proven record of complex experimental design and execution; demonstrated ability to apply appropriate statistical analyses.
- Broad technical expertise and knowledge of diverse laboratory techniques. Proven experience training personnel on laboratory techniques and protocols.
- Extensive knowledge and practical experience of STEMCELL products is an asset.
- Excellent communication skills (verbal, written and presentation) both in one-on-one and in group settings.
- Team orientated -'one-team' behavior is a must.
This role requires being fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as per STEMCELL's vaccination policy, the current recommendations by local health authorities and as required by public health orders in place from time to time, including any COVID-19 boosters as recommended by local health authorities and as required by public health orders in place from time to time.
STEMCELL Technologies Inc. is a privately-owned biotechnology company based in Vancouver that helps power leading-edge life science research around the world. Scientists performing stem cell, immunology, cancer, regenerative medicine and cellular therapy research are among those who rely on our cell culture media, cell separation products, instruments, ancillary reagents and contract assay services. We create novel, useful, standardized products of unfailing quality and deliver them to more than 70 countries via our many regional offices plus distribution centres in Vancouver, Seattle, Grenoble and Singapore. Driven by our love of science and our passion for quality, we see ourselves simply as "Scientists Helping Scientists" - standing by our customers to provide outstanding products, technical support and training. We have over 1000 science-oriented employees globally, including 250 PhDs/MScs, with most others holding a BSc or engineering degree. STEMCELL is proud to be the largest Biotechnology employer in Canada.
This is an opportunity to work with highly motivated colleagues in a science-oriented, creative and dynamic environment. We offer a competitive salary, excellent benefits and significant career development opportunities.
To apply please select the apply button. You will then be directed to a login screen asking you to set up an account. You must set up an account in order to apply.
Create an account by selecting the create account button. You will then be asked for your email and to create a password. Your Password must be eight characters long, contain at least one special character, one capital letter, and a number. Once you have created your password you will be asked to upload your resume. Uploading your resume will provide the ability to auto-populate your application with information from your resume. If you prefer to manually complete all of the fields in the application you can do this by clicking next. You can upload your cover letter as an attachment in the attachments screen. Thank you for your interest in STEMCELL!
Community and Social Services