Job Description Summary
Embrace our motto of "Scientists Helping Scientists" and join our Scientific Support Team! Leverage your broad technical expertise and communication skills to provide scientific support to internal and external customers on products and scientific topics. You will communicate directly with our customers, sharing scientific and technical advice and creatively troubleshooting to solve their problems. Beyond customer service, you will also design, develop, implement and deliver curriculum and training as part of our comprehensive suite of scientific support programs.
As a Specialist, you will develop and apply high-level technical skills and specialized knowledge on our immunology-related product lines. You will work closely and collaboratively with our teams in a fast-paced, stimulating, and rewarding environment, upholding the highest standard of customer service with high-quality, efficient, and effective scientific support.Job Description Duties and Responsibilities
Knowledge and Qualifications
- Provide exceptional customer service and support to internal and external customers, ensuring customer requirements are accurately and promptly met while communicating relevant feedback and requests to necessary teams
- Design, develop, deliver and maintain technical content for internal and external customers, including but not limited to: training curriculum, technical scripts, protocols, tech tips, and other content related to the immunology portfolio
- Collaborate with cross-departmental functional teams such as Marketing, R&D, Sales, and Business Operations to support immunological products
- Participate and assist in program-specific logistics, training and mentoring new team members, and experimental setup and demonstration as required
- Post secondary degree in life sciences, preferably immunology
- Broad scientific knowledge and significant hands-on laboratory experience - Experience in flow cytometry is required, experience in immune cell culture and/or immune functional assays is an asset
- Adaptable and resourceful with an ability to find efficient and innovative solutions to customer challenges
- Experience in customer service, client service, or teaching/training is an asset; excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong time management, and organizational skills with an ability to work independently and as part of a team
STEMCELL Technologies Inc. is a privately-owned biotechnology company based in Vancouver that helps power leading-edge life science research around the world. Scientists performing stem cell, immunology, cancer, regenerative medicine and cellular therapy research are among those who rely on our cell culture media, cell separation products, instruments, ancillary reagents and contract assay services. We create novel, useful, standardized products of unfailing quality and deliver them to more than 70 countries via our many regional offices plus distribution centres in Vancouver, Seattle, Grenoble and Singapore. Driven by our love of science and our passion for quality, we see ourselves simply as "Scientists Helping Scientists" - standing by our customers to provide outstanding products, technical support and training. We have over 1000 science-oriented employees globally, including 250 PhDs/MScs, with most others holding a BSc or engineering degree. STEMCELL is proud to be the largest Biotechnology employer in Canada.
This is an opportunity to work with highly motivated colleagues in a science-oriented, creative, and dynamic environment. We offer a competitive salary, excellent benefits, and meaningful career development opportunities.
STEMCELL is well recognized for exceptional leadership and business practices. We are one of Canada's Best Managed Companies and operate an ISO 14001-certified environmental management system to measure and reduce our environmental impact.
As an equal opportunity employer, STEMCELL is dedicated to ensuring that every employee feels safe, valued, and respected for who they are. We know that scientific progress and innovation occur when diverse, creative minds come together and we are committed to nurturing a culture of inclusivity and belonging. STEMCELL enforces a zero-tolerance policy for any form of discrimination. Selection decisions are solely based on job-related factors.
NOTE: STEMCELL's vaccination policy requires that all candidates for this role be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 (including with boosters) against COVID-19, as currently recommended or required by local health authorities and public health orders.
To apply, please select the "Apply" button below. You will then be directed to a login screen asking you to set up an account, which is required to apply.
Customer Service and Support Science