Job Description Summary
The Scientific Marketing Manager, Asia (SMM Asia) contributes to STEMCELL's revenue growth in the China and Asia Pacific markets by engaging customers throughout the buyer's journey through development of creative and effective marketing strategies and campaigns. Working in close collaboration with the Scientific Marketing, Product Management, Sales and Marketing Communications Teams, the SMM Asia leverages region-specific market, customer and channel insights to adapt global marketing strategies to regional needs and to design and implement region-specific campaigns to support Sales and Distributors. As an experienced member of the Scientific Marketing team, the SMM contributes significantly to team development through process improvement and mentorship.Job Description Duties and Responsibilities
- Leads the implementation of marketing campaigns and tactics in the Asia Pacific market and supports the marketing program in China market; including providing region-specific insights to global cross-functional teams during campaign planning, driving region-specific marketing tactics within the campaign teams, and adapting global marketing strategies and tactics to fit regional needs.
- Contributes to the design and implementation of region-specific marketing projects to support Sales strategies in China and AP Sales offices, in collaboration with the Head Office Marketing team, the China Marketing team and stakeholders across global offices, using project management methodology.
- Proposes and maintains annual regional marketing budgets for region-specific marketing activities
- Creates, maintains and enhances region-specific marketing collateral to support lead-generation and nurturing, ensuring alignment with global product and messaging strategy.
- Ensures product-specific branding is maintained and that corporate brand and voice guidelines are followed.
- Coordinates the generation of marketing collateral, including generating draft copy, submitting creative briefs, collaborating with the Creative Team to develop creative drafts, and distributing approved collateral internally and externally through appropriate channels; manages the review and approval process for copy and creative drafts, incorporating feedback from stakeholders.
- Monitors execution of region-specific campaign plans, identifies and reports bottlenecks and delays, and updates status of assigned tasks in project management system.
- Tracks, reviews and reports progress and results of region-specific marketing campaigns and tactics with supervisor, campaign project teams, and regional stakeholders; modifies tactics with input from cross-functional teams as needed.
- Investigates marketing channel/tactic feasibility in China and Asia Pacific markets; recommends alternatives and assists in setting appropriate KPIs to measure their effectiveness.
- Develops and maintains market, customer and channel insights specific to China and Asia Pacific markets; communicates insights and trends to global Marketing teams.
- Trains colleagues in China and Asia Pacific offices on marketing processes as required; acts as point-person for communication between global and regional marketing teams, working to increase cohesion and ensure effective collaboration.
- Supports the Strategic Marketing team in conducting market and competitor analyses for China and Asia Pacific markets and provides recommendations for marketing initiatives.
- Proposes and assists in the development of processes to streamline and improve operational efficiency and alignment of China and Asia Pacific marketing activities with global marketing initiatives.
- Runs regular meetings with regional teams to provide updates on marketing activities, plan for upcoming tactics and solicit feedback for head-office initiatives.
- Structures working hours to allow for some overlap with colleagues in Asia.
- Reviews marketing collateral generated by others, providing feedback and coaching as required.
- Participates in the recruitment, orientation and training of new hires; acts as mentor for new hires and/or direct reports, providing coaching on marketing communications strategy development, project prioritization and challenge resolution.
- Works collaboratively in cross-functional project teams to contribute to and/or lead the development and implementation of process-improvement projects (eg. for designing and evaluating campaigns, generating marketing collateral, training new employees).
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- MSc in a life science related field plus 2-4 years of relevant experience, or BSc in Cell Biology plus at least 3 years of relevant experience; MBA or PMP qualification an asset.
- Experience of effective performance in matrix structure.
- Knowledge of Asia market would be an asset.
- Extensive knowledge of social media platforms including LinkedIn and WeChat
- Self-motivated to deliver creative, high-quality materials to set deadlines.
- Experience in a marketing or communications role, with a demonstrated ability to translate marketing strategy and tactical plans into effective marketing collateral; demonstrated aptitude for marketing is a must.
- Technical writing skills appropriate for scientific and marketing materials.
- Excellent communication skills (verbal, written and presentation) both in one-on-one and in group settings, in both English and Mandarin.
- Detail-oriented with proven ability to meticulously copy-edit materials is essential.
- Strong independent and group project management and organizational skills, including enthusiasm for working as a part of a dynamic, fast-paced, results-oriented, and physically distant team.
- Experience building strong working relationships with senior managers and colleagues from diverse cultures.
- Ability to work effectively under pressure and respond to changing priorities.
- Proactive in continual learning and skill development.
STEMCELL Technologies Inc. is a privately-owned biotechnology company based in Vancouver that helps power leading-edge life science research around the world. Scientists performing stem cell, immunology, cancer, regenerative medicine and cellular therapy research are among those who rely on our cell culture media, cell separation products, instruments, ancillary reagents and contract assay services. We create novel, useful, standardized products of unfailing quality and deliver them to more than 70 countries via our many regional offices plus distribution centres in Vancouver, Seattle, Grenoble and Singapore. Driven by our love of science and our passion for quality, we see ourselves simply as "Scientists Helping Scientists" - standing by our customers to provide outstanding products, technical support and training. We have over 1000 science-oriented employees globally, including 250 PhDs/MScs, with most others holding a BSc or engineering degree. STEMCELL is proud to be the largest Biotechnology employer in Canada.
This is an opportunity to work with highly motivated colleagues in a science-oriented, creative and dynamic environment. We offer a competitive salary, excellent benefits and significant career development opportunities.
To apply please select the apply button. You will then be directed to a login screen asking you to set up an account. You must set up an account in order to apply.
Create an account by selecting the create account button. You will then be asked for your email and to create a password. Your Password must be eight characters long, contain at least one special character, one capital letter, and a number. Once you have created your password you will be asked to upload your resume. Uploading your resume will provide the ability to auto-populate your application with information from your resume. If you prefer to manually complete all of the fields in the application you can do this by clicking next. You can upload your cover letter as an attachment in the attachments screen. Thank you for your interest in STEMCELL!
Sales and Marketing