Job Description Summary
Are you looking to move off the bench and leverage your strong scientific knowledge and great people skills in an exciting new career? Our sales team is looking for new candidates primed for success! As "Scientists Helping Scientists" our sales team partners with researchers to solve their research problems and accelerate innovation. Our reagents and kits are used all over the world, and you'll help provide customer solutions to make significant contributions to advancing science.
The ideal candidate has a strong scientific background and has demonstrated sales aptitude and business acumen in the form of being a team player, quick to adapt and solve problems, and previous experience with customer relationships. As a Sales Representative, you'll assist the sales team in coordinating sales processes for existing and new business by promoting our products, identifying new leads, and communicating with researchers to better understand their goals via cold calls and emails.
We'll provide all the training, resources, and support you need to become a valued member of our Sales Team - If you're looking to start a career in a fast paced environment with great growth opportunities within Canada's largest biotechnology company, we'd like to hear from you! Remote opportunities are available.Job Description Duties and Responsibilities:
- Strategically generate revenue in assigned territory.
- Be a proactive, contributing member of the territory team.
- Contribute to short and long term territory business plans through in depth understanding of revenue streams and potentials.
- Develop and execute strategies to identify and target potential new customers through effective market, revenue, and literature analysis.
- Engage with potential new customers through cold calls and emails.
- Establish and maintain strong relationships with customers through sound scientific expertise and business acumen.
- Provide excellent customer service by following through with prompt solutions to all customer inquiries.
- Effectively work and communicate with other STEMCELL departments such as technical support, marketing, customer service, and business operations.
- Assist Field Sales Representatives in responding to customer needs as they arise.
- Rigorously document communications and keep up to date the customer relationship management (CRM) database.
- Contribute to team and departmental initiatives outside of day-to-day selling in your territory.
- May require travel for business meetings or conferences, at times between US/Canada.
- Post-secondary degree in Life Sciences.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills.
- Highly motivated and capable of working effectively as part of a dynamic team.
- Demonstrated track record of being proactive and assertive in accomplishing goals.
- Proven ability to think strategically and problem solve.
- Desire to work in a dynamic and fast paced environment.
- Ability to travel across the US/Canada border for business related activities.
- Hands on experience in an academic or biotech laboratory setting.
- Mammalian cell culture or cell isolation / separation experience is an asset.
- Familiarity with a variety of sales concepts, practices, and procedures is an asset.
This role requires being fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as per STEMCELL's vaccination policy, the current recommendations by local health authorities and as required by public health orders in place from time to time, including any COVID-19 boosters as recommended by local health authorities and as required by public health orders in place from time to time.
STEMCELL Technologies Inc. is a privately-owned biotechnology company based in Vancouver that helps power leading-edge life science research around the world. Scientists performing stem cell, immunology, cancer, regenerative medicine and cellular therapy research are among those who rely on our cell culture media, cell separation products, instruments, ancillary reagents and contract assay services. We create novel, useful, standardized products of unfailing quality and deliver them to more than 70 countries via our many regional offices plus distribution centres in Vancouver, Seattle, Grenoble and Singapore. Driven by our love of science and our passion for quality, we see ourselves simply as "Scientists Helping Scientists" - standing by our customers to provide outstanding products, technical support and training. We have over 1000 science-oriented employees globally, including 250 PhDs/MScs, with most others holding a BSc or engineering degree. STEMCELL is proud to be the largest Biotechnology employer in Canada.
This is an opportunity to work with highly motivated colleagues in a science-oriented, creative and dynamic environment. We offer a competitive salary, excellent benefits and significant career development opportunities.
To apply please select the apply button. You will then be directed to a login screen asking you to set up an account. You must set up an account in order to apply.
Create an account by selecting the create account button. You will then be asked for your email and to create a password. Your Password must be eight characters long, contain at least one special character, one capital letter, and a number. Once you have created your password you will be asked to upload your resume. Uploading your resume will provide the ability to auto-populate your application with information from your resume. If you prefer to manually complete all of the fields in the application you can do this by clicking next. You can upload your cover letter as an attachment in the attachments screen. Thank you for your interest in STEMCELL!
Sales and Marketing