191201 Work Area:
Software-Development Operations Expected Travel:
0 - 10% Career Status:
Student Employment Type:
Intern COMPANY DESCRIPTION
SAP started in 1972 as a team of five colleagues with a desire to do something new. Together, they changed enterprise software and reinvented how business was done. Today, as a market leader in enterprise application software, we remain true to our roots. That’s why we engineer solutions to fuel innovation, foster equality and spread opportunity for our employees and customers across borders and cultures.
SAP values the entrepreneurial spirit, fostering creativity and building lasting relationships with our employees. We know that a diverse and inclusive workforce keeps us competitive and provides opportunities for all. We believe that together we can transform industries, grow economics, lift up societies and sustain our environment. Because it’s the best-run businesses that make the world run better and improve people’s lives. What is SAP iXp?
SAP’s Internship Experience Project (iXp) is SAP’s global, paid internship program that provides university students with the opportunities to find purpose in their careers. Three reasons to apply for SAP iXp Culture of collaboration: Meet with mentors, make new friends across the globe and create a thriving personal network. Project-driven experience: Gain cross-functional skills from our virtual and in-person learning sessions, diverse subject matter experts, and project deliverables. Gain visibility: With iXp in your title, you’ll have a global network of SAP leaders, entrepreneurs and career development opportunities at your fingertips. What you’ll do:
PURPOSE AND OBJECTIVES
- Position Title: Software Developer Cloud Platform Services/Applications for Translation Intern
- Location: Vancouver, British Columbia
- Expected start date to end date: May 6, 2019 to December 27, 2019
SAP Language Services (SLS) is a global team responsible for translating all SAP software products and a variety of internal and customer-facing content into more than 40 languages.
As a member of the SAP Language Services team in Vancouver, you will work in a dynamic environment and maintain internal systems and applications to support the localization process. In addition, you will help develop our new translation platform in the Cloud. If you have web development skills and want to contribute in developing a worldwide platform and applications that are used internally across SAP and externally across the globe, then this may be the role for you.
The ideal candidate for this position is a team player, possesses strong communication skills, and demonstrates a solid understanding of software development practices. EXPECTATION AND TASKS
Who you are:
- Develop services and applications that support translation process and workflow automation
- Drive, design, and develop new features by working with other developers and a product owner
- Setup and maintain the auto test framework in an agile and continuous delivery mode
- Iteratively architect (and revise architecture) based on emerging requirements
- Provide estimates for assigned work
- Coordinate testing, integration and documentation of solution
- Monitor and maintain support queues. Provide primary support.
- Perform troubleshooting with respect to system failure in the production environment, including communications with affected users as required.
- Perform knowledge sharing with other developers
- Participate in retrospectives and propose ideas for improving team’s effectiveness and delivery process
We’re looking for someone who can challenge the status quo and likes to stay curious. You enjoy working on meaningful projects and are energized by lifelong learning. SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
- Development experience with Database such as PosgreSQL and MS SQL Server
- Working experience with data structures, algorithms and principles of OO design
- Ability to meet aggressive deadlines and quickly understand the existing framework and business requirements
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Ability to prioritize and work on multiple tasks
- Very organized with high attention to detail
- Willing and able to work in different technical environments
- Working experience with software auto testing and continuous development models (Jenkins, Selenium, Sonar, JIRA and Git) is an asset
- Working experience with Cloud Foundry is an asset
- Working experience with SAP technologies such as SCP (SAP Cloud Platform), HANA DB, SAP Fiori UI technology is an asset
- Knowledge of DDD (Domain Driven Design) and Micro Service Architecture is an asset
- Knowledge of Translation Memory, Machine Learning and Neural Machine Translation is an asset
#iXp WHAT YOU GET FROM US
- Candidates to currently be enrolled in an undergraduate, Masters, MBA or PhD degree program which is applicable to the position (computer science or equivalent proven experience).
Success is what you make it. At SAP, we help you make it your own. A career at SAP can open many doors for you. If you’re searching for a company that’s dedicated to your ideas and individual growth, recognizes you for your unique contributions, fills you with a strong sense of purpose, and provides a fun, flexible and inclusive work environment – apply now . SAP'S DIVERSITY COMMITMENT
To harness the power of innovation, SAP invests in the development of its diverse employees. We aspire to leverage the qualities and appreciate the unique competencies that each person brings to the company.
SAP is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity and to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are in need of accommodation or special assistance to navigate our website or to complete your application, please send an e-mail with your request to Recruiting Operations Team (Americas: Careers.NorthAmerica@sap.com
, APJ: Careers.APJ@sap.com
, EMEA: Careers@sap.com
Successful candidates might be required to undergo a background verification with an external vendor. Additional Locations
: Job Segment:
Application Developer, Developer, Cloud, Intern, ERP, Technology, Entry Level