What we offer
Our company culture is focused on helping our employees enable innovation by building breakthroughs together. How? We focus every day on building the foundation for tomorrow and creating a workplace that embraces differences, values flexibility, and is aligned to our purpose-driven and future-focused work. We offer a highly collaborative, caring team environment with a strong focus on learning and development, recognition for your individual contributions, and a variety of benefit options for you to choose from. Apply now! About the SAP Internship Experience Project:
The SAP Internship Experience Project is SAP's global, paid internship program that provides university students with the opportunities to find purpose in their careers. Three reasons to intern at SAP: Culture of collaboration:Meet with mentors, make new friends across the globe and create a thriving personal network. Project-driven experience:Gain cross-functional skills from our virtual and in-person learning sessions, diverse subject matter experts, and project deliverables. Gain visibility:With SAP Internship Experience Project in your title, you'll have a global network of SAP leaders, entrepreneurs and career development opportunities at your fingertips. About the team:
The SAP Analytics Cloud team is looking for energetic and innovative individuals to help with our next generation cloud-based Analytics platform on the topic of security. Are you passionate about security and understand the importance of end-to-end security, data protection and compliance of SAPs technology development and operations? Do you thrive in a team with strong engineers to learn from and where all members of the engineering team, including management are close to the code and making technical contributions? If so, then this is the right job for you! Help us shape the future. What you'll do: Position Title:SAP iXp Intern - Security Engineer - Analytics Cloud
Location: Vancouver, BC
Expected start date to end date: June 2022 - January2023 In this role, you'll:
As a security intern on the SAP Analytics Cloud team, you will have the opportunity to:
Who you are:
- Work closely with the Cloud Architecture teams to ensure adherence to the defined security, risk and governance needs
- Analyze security test results with applicability to target environments
- Ability to understand the risks and security issues associated with infrastructure (such as servers, networks and storage) and able to clearly articulate them to business users and technical personnel.
- Conduct and/or manage vulnerability assessments, penetration testing, and compliance audits of IT operations, application systems and infrastructure
- Contribute to hands-on coding, design, test and architecture to deliver best solutions to our customers
- Collaborate in a team environment that extends to colleagues in remote locations and from various lines of businesses within the company.
- Assess new technology, tool and infrastructure to keep up with the rapid pace of change.
- Embrace lean and agile software development principles
We're looking for someone who takes initiative, perseveres, and stays curious. You like to work on meaningful innovative projects and are energized by lifelong learning.
Follow @SAPiXp on Instagram and don't miss anything about our experiences worldwide! SAP'S DIVERSITY COMMITMENT
- Currently in a degree from Computer Science or Engineering
- Ability to work well in a team as well as independently and have a positive self-motivated can-do attitude
- Working knowledge of data structures, algorithms and principles of OO design
- Understanding of databases and web application servers
- Knowledge in software security (authentication mechanisms, cryptography, security breaches...)
- Basic IT security knowledge (system and network security, firewalls, IPS, Proxies)
- Previous internship experience would be an asset
- Experience with products for networking analyses and scanning (e.g. Nmap, Wireshark Zap, BurpSuite, ....) is a plus
- Prior experience with AWS/Azure/GCP is preferred but not mandatory
To harness the power of innovation, SAP invests in the development of its diverse employees. We aspire to leverage the qualities and appreciate the unique competencies that each person brings to the company.
SAP is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity and to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with SAP and are in need of accommodation or special assistance to navigate our website or to complete your application, please send an e-mail with your request to Recruiting Operations Team (Americas:Careers.NorthAmerica@sap.com
, APJ: Careers.APJ@sap.com
, EMEA: Careers@sap.com
). Requests for reasonable accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability:
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their age, race, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status or disability. We are SAP
SAP innovations help more than 400,000 customers worldwide work together more efficiently and use business insight more effectively. Originally known for leadership in enterprise resource planning (ERP) software, SAP has evolved to become a market leader in end-to-end business application software and related services for database, analytics, intelligent technologies, and experience management. As a cloud company with 200 million users and more than 100,000 employees worldwide, we are purpose-driven and future-focused, with a highly collaborative team ethic and commitment to personal development. Whether connecting global industries, people, or platforms, we help ensure every challenge gets the solution it deserves. At SAP, we build breakthroughs, together. Our inclusion promise
SAP's culture of inclusion, focus on health and well-being, and flexible working models help ensure that everyone - regardless of background - feels included and can run at their best. At SAP, we believe we are made stronger by the unique capabilities and qualities that each person brings to our company, and we invest in our employees to inspire confidence and help everyone realize their full potential. We ultimately believe in unleashing all talent and creating a better and more equitable world.
SAP is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to the values of Equal Employment Opportunity and provide accessibility accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with SAP and are in need of accommodation or special assistance to navigate our website or to complete your application, please send an e-mail with your request to Recruiting Operations Team: Americas: Careers.NorthAmerica@sap.com
, APJ: Careers.APJ@sap.com
, EMEA: Careers@sap.com
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability:
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their age, race, religion, national origin, ethnicity, age, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, et al), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, or disability.
Successful candidates might be required to undergo a background verification with an external vendor.
Requisition ID:333858| Work Area: Information Technology| Expected Travel: 0 - 10%| Career Status: Student| Employment Type: Intern| Additional Locations:
Requisition ID: 333858
Posted Date: May 13, 2022
Work Area: Information Technology
Career Status: Student
Employment Type: Intern
Expected Travel: 0 - 10%
Vancouver, British Columbia, CA, V6B 1A9