187560 Work Area:
Customer Service and Support Expected Travel:
0 - 10% Career Status:
Student Employment Type:
Intern COMPANY DESCRIPTION
SAP started in 1972 as a team of five colleagues with a desire to do something new. Together, they changed enterprise software and reinvented how business was done. Today, as a market leader in enterprise application software, we remain true to our roots. That’s why we engineer solutions to fuel innovation, foster equality and spread opportunity for our employees and customers across borders and cultures.
SAP values the entrepreneurial spirit, fostering creativity and building lasting relationships with our employees. We know that a diverse and inclusive workforce keeps us competitive and provides opportunities for all. We believe that together we can transform industries, grow economics, lift up societies and sustain our environment. Because it’s the best-run businesses that make the world run better and improve people’s lives. What is SAP iXp?
SAP’s Internship Experience Project is a paid program that gives university students the space to find purpose in their careers. We believe that through placing passionate people on the right teams, providing leadership and learning opportunities, and working on impactful projects, purpose is born. Piqued your interest? Three reasons to apply for SAP iXp:
What you’ll do:
- No more fetching coffee: Work on in-depth projects, emerging products and technologies that drive business results.
- Lifelong learning: Meet with mentors, make new friends, and attend learning sessions from diverse subject matter experts.
- Gain visibility: With iXp in your title, you’ll have a global network of SAP leaders, entrepreneurs, and career development opportunities at your fingertips.
PURPOSE & OBJECTIVE OF POSITION
- Position Title: Research and Innovation in Technology Legal Compliance Intern
- Location: Vancouver, BC, Canada
- Expected start date to end date: January 7, 2019 to August 30, 2019
The SAP Vancouver Labs is offering a paid research and innovation internship starting 2015 for an 8 months period (with an option to extend by 4 months). We are looking for innovative graduate and undergraduate students who are excited about pushing the state of the art in technology legal compliance, pattern detection & classification, networks, software security and data analytics by drawing on research in software engineering, computer networks, data mining, information visualization and other related areas.
We offer interns the opportunity to apply their theoretical knowledge to explore solutions to real-life technical problems. Interns will work in a dynamic fast-paced Global Technology Legal Compliance and Global Licensing teams that plays a key role in ensuring SAP products and solutions comply with technical legal requirements such as software licensing laws and trade regulations. Interns will have access to support from world-class data scientists, domain experts, software development and user experience teams. We explore opportunities for technology transfer and publish in leading conferences. We strive to create an environment that is both productive and fun.
We are located in beautiful Vancouver in the heart of Yaletown, steps away from a wide variety of restaurants, public transit, and downtown.
More information about SAP Vancouver Labs can be found at: http://global.sap.com/canada/about/saplabs/montreal-toronto-vancouver/index.epx EXPECTATIONS:
- Apply research to real-world technical problems
- Develop and test software prototype(s) that showcase innovative concepts
- Follow up on latest trends and share the knowledge among the team
- Participate in project meetings to support project goals, requirements, processes, deliverables, and timelines
We’re looking for someone who can challenge the status quo and likes to stay curious. You enjoy working on meaningful projects and are energized by lifelong learning. REQUIREMENTS:
- Undergraduate, Master’s or PhD student in Computer Science or Electrical and Computer Engineering or Law or Mathematics/Statistics enrolled at an accredited university.
- Strong research, analytical, and software prototyping skills
- Self-motivated, keen to learn how things work and devise improvements
- Excellent written, presentation and listening skills; good interpersonal skills
What you can expect from us:
- Familiarity with using computer programming languages such as Java and C++
- Familiarity with using data analysis tools (e.g., SAP Lumira, ManyEyes, Matlab, R)
- Familiarity with SAP HANA and/or other database technologies
#iXp WHAT YOU GET FROM US
- An internship packed full of events to ensure you understand our technologies, our competitive landscape, our culture and our leadership philosophy
- Community of mentors and volunteer engagement teams to join and lead
- Collaborative open-concept work environment in the heart of Yaletown
- Games room, fitness classes, massage therapist, and 24/7 access to onsite gym
- Well-stocked snacks, coffee, teas, sodas and candy
Success is what you make it. At SAP, we help you make it your own. A career at SAP can open many doors for you. If you’re searching for a company that’s dedicated to your ideas and individual growth, recognizes you for your unique contributions, fills you with a strong sense of purpose, and provides a fun, flexible and inclusive work environment – apply now . SAP'S DIVERSITY COMMITMENT
To harness the power of innovation, SAP invests in the development of its diverse employees. We aspire to leverage the qualities and appreciate the unique competencies that each person brings to the company.
SAP is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity and to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are in need of accommodation or special assistance to navigate our website or to complete your application, please send an e-mail with your request to Recruiting Operations Team (Americas: Careers.NorthAmerica@sap.com
, APJ: Careers.APJ@sap.com
, EMEA: Careers@sap.com
Successful candidates might be required to undergo a background verification with an external vendor. Additional Locations
: Job Segment:
Compliance, SAP, ERP, Intern, Electrical, Legal, Technology, Entry Level, Engineering
Posted: October 17, 2018
Closes: December 16, 2018