204400 Work Area:
Customer Service and Support Expected Travel:
0 - 10% Career Status:
Student Employment Type:
Intern COMPANY DESCRIPTION
SAP started in 1972 as a team of five colleagues with a desire to do something new. Together, they changed enterprise software and reinvented how business was done. Today, as a market leader in enterprise application software, we remain true to our roots. That’s why we engineer solutions to fuel innovation, foster equality and spread opportunity for our employees and customers across borders and cultures.
SAP values the entrepreneurial spirit, fostering creativity and building lasting relationships with our employees. We know that a diverse and inclusive workforce keeps us competitive and provides opportunities for all. We believe that together we can transform industries, grow economics, lift up societies and sustain our environment. Because it’s the best-run businesses that make the world run better and improve people’s lives. What is SAP iXp?
SAP’s Internship Experience Project (iXp) is SAP’s global, paid internship program that provides university students with the opportunities to find purpose in their careers. Three reasons to apply for SAP iXp Culture of collaboration: Meet with mentors, make new friends across the globe and create a thriving personal network. Project-driven experience: Gain cross-functional skills from our virtual and in-person learning sessions, diverse subject matter experts, and project deliverables. Gain visibility: With iXp in your title, you’ll have a global network of SAP leaders, entrepreneurs and career development opportunities at your fingertips. PURPOSE AND OBJECTIVES
SAP Language Services (SLS) is a global team responsible for translating all SAP software products and a variety of internal and customer-facing content into more than 40 languages.
As a member of the SAP Language Services team in Vancouver, you will work in a dynamic environment and be responsible for preparing content for distribution to translators, tracking files through the translation process, running quality checks on the content, and liaising with the customer and project team to ensure a high quality translated deliverable. You will have opportunities to help improve processes and tools.
Persons in this role are expected to be highly productive, communicate effectively with a broad spectrum of internal and external teams, organized, and show good judgement in balancing budget, quality, timelines, and deliverables. What you’ll do:
EXPECTATION AND TASKS
- Position Title: Project Coordinator for Translation Intern
- Location: Vancouver, British Columbia
- Expected start date to end date: May 6, 2019 to December 27, 2019
Who you are:
- Prepare files for external translation and track against set dates
- Communicate with translation vendors and internal teams
- Work with other project managers to ensure the translation process runs smoothly and on schedule
- Run internal tools and scripts required by the translation process
- Prepare files for review and publishing
- Assist with managing and monitoring the translation system
- Investigate and troubleshoot problems
We’re looking for someone who can challenge the status quo and likes to stay curious. You enjoy working on meaningful projects and are energized by lifelong learning. SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Vey organized with high attention to detail
- Ability to prioritize and work on multiple tasks
- Ability to learn new processes and follow instructions
- Self-motivated and able to work independently
- Ability to meet tight deadlines and quickly understand the existing framework and business requirements
- Foreign language skills an asset
- Knowledge of Translation Memory, Machine Learning and Neural Machine Translation is an asset
#iXp WHAT YOU GET FROM US
- Candidates to currently be enrolled in an undergraduate or Master’s degree program which is applicable to the position (Arts, Linguistics, Computer Science or Engineering). Recent graduates will also be considered.
Success is what you make it. At SAP, we help you make it your own. A career at SAP can open many doors for you. If you’re searching for a company that’s dedicated to your ideas and individual growth, recognizes you for your unique contributions, fills you with a strong sense of purpose, and provides a fun, flexible and inclusive work environment – apply now . SAP'S DIVERSITY COMMITMENT
To harness the power of innovation, SAP invests in the development of its diverse employees. We aspire to leverage the qualities and appreciate the unique competencies that each person brings to the company.
SAP is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity and to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are in need of accommodation or special assistance to navigate our website or to complete your application, please send an e-mail with your request to Recruiting Operations Team (Americas: Careers.NorthAmerica@sap.com
, APJ: Careers.APJ@sap.com
, EMEA: Careers@sap.com
Successful candidates might be required to undergo a background verification with an external vendor. Additional Locations
: Job Segment:
Intern, SAP, ERP, Engineer, Computer Science, Entry Level, Technology, Engineering