202474 Work Area:
Software-Development Operations Expected Travel:
0 - 10% Career Status:
Student Employment Type:
Intern COMPANY DESCRIPTION
SAP started in 1972 as a team of five colleagues with a desire to do something new. Together, they changed enterprise software and reinvented how business was done. Today, as a market leader in enterprise application software, we remain true to our roots. That’s why we engineer solutions to fuel innovation, foster equality and spread opportunity for our employees and customers across borders and cultures.
SAP values the entrepreneurial spirit, fostering creativity and building lasting relationships with our employees. We know that a diverse and inclusive workforce keeps us competitive and provides opportunities for all. We believe that together we can transform industries, grow economics, lift up societies and sustain our environment. Because it’s the best-run businesses that make the world run better and improve people’s lives. What is SAP iXp?
SAP’s Internship Experience Project (iXp) is SAP’s global, paid internship program that provides university students with the opportunities to find purpose in their careers. Three reasons to apply for SAP iXp Culture of collaboration: Meet with mentors, make new friends across the globe and create a thriving personal network. Project-driven experience: Gain cross-functional skills from our virtual and in-person learning sessions, diverse subject matter experts, and project deliverables. Gain visibility: With iXp in your title, you’ll have a global network of SAP leaders, entrepreneurs and career development opportunities at your fingertips. About the team:
Join the SAP Jam Engineering team and learn how to develop consumer-grade high-traffic web and mobile solutions that are deployed weekly to data centers around the world.
What you’ll do:
- SAP Jam delivers collaboration and community solutions that enable enterprise social networking, structured problem solving with business application integrations, and secure access-controlled collaboration with employees, customers, partners, vendors, and suppliers.
- Our team works in a fast-paced environment with the latest technologies, and all members of the team – including management – are close to the code and make technical contributions.
- Our products are used by millions of users from companies you know and love – your contributions will make a tangible and noticeable impact!
In this role, you’ll:
- Position Title: Jam Full Stack Software Developer Intern
- Location: Vancouver, British Columbia
- Expected start date to end date: May 6, 2019 to December 27, 2019
Who you are:
- Design and develop new features end-to-end by elaborating feature requirements, estimating task time, quickly writing high-quality code, testing your code and ensuring that it ships smoothly in weekly production deployments.
- Be exposed to cutting edge technologies such as our real-time backend and UI, instant messaging and feed systems, chat bots, search and recommender systems, machine learning, microservices, cloud security and much more.
- Learn from others on the team through code reviews, knowledge sharing sessions, and regular 1-on-1 coaching with your assigned mentor.
- Work in a scrum team with daily scrum meetings, and collaborate with product management, user experience, engineering and operations team members located in Vancouver and in the U.S., China, India, and Germany.
- Improve and scale our development processes by automating workflows and tests that help the product and your fellow team members.
We’re looking for someone who can challenge the status quo and likes to stay curious. You enjoy working on meaningful projects and are energized by lifelong learning. Required experience and qualifications:
Desirable experience and qualifications:
- Working towards a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related technical field
- The ability to solve technical computer problems by writing actual working code; this is very much a hands-on position.
- The ability to work well both independently and in a team environment
#iXp WHAT YOU GET FROM US
- Evidence of excellence in some capacity (could be via personal projects, exceptional success in some endeavor, etc.)
Success is what you make it. At SAP, we help you make it your own. A career at SAP can open many doors for you. If you’re searching for a company that’s dedicated to your ideas and individual growth, recognizes you for your unique contributions, fills you with a strong sense of purpose, and provides a fun, flexible and inclusive work environment – apply now . SAP'S DIVERSITY COMMITMENT
To harness the power of innovation, SAP invests in the development of its diverse employees. We aspire to leverage the qualities and appreciate the unique competencies that each person brings to the company.
SAP is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity and to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are in need of accommodation or special assistance to navigate our website or to complete your application, please send an e-mail with your request to Recruiting Operations Team (Americas: Careers.NorthAmerica@sap.com
, APJ: Careers.APJ@sap.com
, EMEA: Careers@sap.com
Successful candidates might be required to undergo a background verification with an external vendor. Additional Locations
: Job Segment:
Developer, Intern, SAP, ERP, Engineer, Technology, Entry Level, Engineering