We help the world run better
Our company culture is focused on helping our employees enable innovation by building breakthroughs together. How? We focus every day on building the foundation for tomorrow and creating a workplace that embraces differences, values flexibility, and is aligned to our purpose-driven and future-focused work. We offer a highly collaborative, caring team environment with a strong focus on learning and development, recognition for your individual contributions, and a variety of benefit options for you to choose from.Apply now! About the SAP Internship Experience Program
The SAP Internship Experience Program is SAP's global, strategic, paid internship program that provides university students with opportunities to find purpose in their careers.
Three reasons to intern at SAP Culture of collaboration: meet with mentors, make new friends across the globe and create a thriving personal network. Project-driven experience: gain cross-functional skills from our virtual and in-person learning sessions, diverse subject matter experts, and project deliverables. Gain visibility: with SAP Internship Experience Program in your title, you'll have a global network of SAP leaders, entrepreneurs and career development opportunities at your fingertips. What you'll do Position Title:SAP iXp Intern - IT Technical Consultant (Developer) Location: Vancouver, BC Expected Start Date: January 2024 Contract Duration: 8 months Work Hours: 40 hours per week
What you bring
- Learn new development tools and technologies and learn how both SAP and non-SAP applications work
- Do development covering design, coding/customization/configuration, testing and quality assurance of product features
- Cover Quality Assurance measures including Test Automation
- Resolve issues within own area of expertise and support others in resolving issues
- Adopt agile software engineering methodology to develop features in increments
- Work with an innovative mindset
We're looking for someone who takes initiative, perseveres, and stay curious. You like to work on meaningful innovative projects and are energized by lifelong learning.
- Understanding of software applications, software development lifecycle, and development methodologies (Agile/Scrum)
- Excellent Design, Configuration, and Programming skills
- Flexibility to work with a global team in various time zones
- Excellent communication (verbal and written)
- Strong desire to interact with and learn from senior members of the team
- Self-motivated and creative thinking
- Detail oriented and able to follow documentation procedures
- Willingness and ability to quickly learn new concepts and technologies, plus share the learnings
- Strong will to pursue a problem, identify the source, and propose possible solutions in collaboration with other team members
- Adaptable to new processes, tools, and working environment
- Able to test and debug applications and solutions
- Experience with full-stack development using React, Express.js, Node.js, and SQL is a plus
- Strong programming skills and experience in Java (and other object-oriented languages) is a plus
- Working knowledge of Artificial Intelligence (AI) / Machine Learning (ML) technologies is a plus
- Experience with development tools such as Git, GitHub, and JIRA
- Experience in Test Automation tools (Selenium, Katalon Studio) and Quality Assurance is a plus
- Working knowledge of Security and Authentication technologies such as SAML, Kerberos, oAuth, SSL, and SSO is a plus
- Working knowledge of REST services
- Experience with CI/CD and DevOps tools (Jenkins, Docker, GitHub) is a plus
- Experience with process of Integration (i.e. integrating SAP & non-SAP solutions is a plus)
- Familiarity with Marketing Automation software (Adobe Marketo Engage, SAP Marketing Cloud) is a plus
- Working knowledge of Test-Driven Development, performance testing, or data correctness/integrity testing
- Previous internship experience would be an asset
Meet your team
- Currently enrolled in or have recently completed a Bachelor's or Master's degree program, which is applicable to the position (preferably in Computer Science, Engineering, or equivalent training and job experience)
- Please include your transcript in your application
Marketing Solutions (as part of the IES Digital Experience Solutions unit) has a clear emphasis on delivering the end-to-end marketing experience while combining the delivery, operations, and services to ultimately support the E2E marketing process.
For our IES Go-To-Market Services for Marketing team (also known as the "IT Marketing" team) within the Marketing Solutions unit, we manage and support the latest Marketing Technology (MarTech) stack (such as Marketing Automation). This covers latest UI technologies as well as SAP Integration technologies & platforms (including non-SAP solutions).
We engage with our business stakeholders, manage the technology portfolio and development of our IT products, solution innovation and associated engineering. Join us in helping our internal marketing clients to reimagine their business and create new possibilities that allow them to dream bigger, work smarter, and manage demand more efficient. We build breakthroughs together
SAP innovations help more than 400,000 customers worldwide work together more efficiently and use business insight more effectively. Originally known for leadership in enterprise resource planning (ERP) software, SAP has evolved to become a market leader in end-to-end business application software and related services for database, analytics, intelligent technologies, and experience management. As a cloud company with 200 million users and more than 100,000 employees worldwide, we are purpose-driven and future-focused, with a highly collaborative team ethic and commitment to personal development. Whether connecting global industries, people, or platforms, we help ensure every challenge gets the solution it deserves. At SAP, we build breakthroughs, together. We win with inclusion
SAP's culture of inclusion, focus on health and well-being, and flexible working models help ensure that everyone - regardless of background - feels included and can run at their best. At SAP, we believe we are made stronger by the unique capabilities and qualities that each person brings to our company, and we invest in our employees to inspire confidence and help everyone realize their full potential. We ultimately believe in unleashing all talent and creating a better and more equitable world.
SAP is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to the values of Equal Employment Opportunity and provide accessibility accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with SAP and are in need of accommodation or special assistance to navigate our website or to complete your application, please send an e-mail with your request to Recruiting Operations Team: Careers@sap.com
For SAP employees: Only permanent roles are eligible for the SAP Employee Referral Program, according to the eligibility rules set in the SAP Referral Policy . Specific conditions may apply for roles in Vocational Training. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability:
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their age, race, religion, national origin, ethnicity, age, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, et al), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, or disability.
Successful candidates might be required to undergo a background verification with an external vendor.
Requisition ID: 377288 | Work Area: Software-Design and Development | Expected Travel: 0 - 10% | Career Status: Student | Employment Type: Intern | Additional Locations: #LI-Hybrid.
Requisition ID: 377288
Posted Date: Sep 6, 2023
Work Area: Software-Design and Development
Career Status: Student
Employment Type: Intern
Expected Travel: 0 - 10%
Vancouver, British Columbia, CA, V6B 1A9