We help the world run better
Our company culture is focused on helping our employees enable innovation by building breakthroughs together. How? We focus every day on building the foundation for tomorrow and creating a workplace that embraces differences, values flexibility, and is aligned to our purpose-driven and future-focused work. We offer a highly collaborative, caring team environment with a strong focus on learning and development, recognition for your individual contributions, and a variety of benefit options for you to choose from. Apply now! About the SAP Internship Experience Program
The SAP Internship Experience Program is SAP's global, strategic, paid internship program that provides university students with opportunities to find purpose in their careers.
Three reasons to intern at SAP Culture of collaboration: meet with mentors, make new friends across the globe and create a thriving personal network. Project-driven experience: gain cross-functional skills from our virtual and in-person learning sessions, diverse subject matter experts, and project deliverables. Gain visibility: with SAP Internship Experience Program in your title, you'll have a global network of SAP leaders, entrepreneurs and career development opportunities at your fingertips. What you'll do
Position Title:SAP iXp Intern - Full Stack Developer
Expected Start Date: 15 April 2024
Contract Duration: 8 months
Work Hours: 40 hours per week
What you bring
- Quick at learning new development languages and frameworks and keen on learning how SAP applications work
- Develop and test application features, write test automation scripts, perform unit testing, and troubleshoot bugs
- Strong will to pursue a problem, identify the source, and propose possible solutions in collaboration with other team members
- Self-motivated and has the desire to learn new technologies, plus share the learnings
- Adaptable to new processes, tools, and working environment
- Engaged and enthusiastic, eager to speak up and ask questions
- Detail oriented and able to follow documentation procedures
- Ability to perform thorough tests against the deliverables
- Understand and embody Agile practices and values
We're looking for someone who takes initiative, perseveres, and stay curious. You like to work on meaningful innovative projects and are energized by lifelong learning.
The Partner Engineering Team are looking for an energetic and innovative Full Stack Developer Intern to help with our next generation of cloud-based applications. We are looking for someone who is creative and resourceful in getting things to work, with an eye for quality and testability, and interested in working collaboratively with other software developers and teams around the globe. Are you a passionate individual who wants an opportunity to learn new things while honing your skills using leading edge technologies for Cloud and Enterprise Development? Join our diverse team and help us build better tools to manage SAP's vast partner ecosystem!
Skills / Competencies
- Understanding of software applications, software development lifecycle, and development methodologies (Agile/Scrum)
- Strong programming skills and experience with object-oriented languages such as Java
- Flexibility to work with a global team in various time zones
- Clear and concise communication, both verbal and written
- Strong desire to interact with and learn from senior members of the team
- Familiarity with development tools such as Git and JIRA
Nice to Have:
- Java framework (Spring Boot) experience preferred
- DevOps experience preferred
- Experience with databases (SQL and/or HANADB) preferred
- UI Unit and/or E2E Testing experience preferred
- Requires candidates to be currently enrolled in or have recently completed an undergraduate program which is applicable to the position.
- Please include your transcript in your application.
What you can expect from us
Meet your team
- An internship packed full of events to ensure you understand our technologies, our competitive landscape, our culture, and our leadership philosophy
- Community of mentors and volunteer engagement teams to join and lead
- Collaborative open-concept work environment in the heart of Yaletown
- Games room, fitness classes, massage therapist, and 24/7 access to onsite gym
- Well-stocked snacks, coffee, teas, sodas, and candy
SAP is ready to challenge your next work term with a role that combines development with testing on a global team in IES: The Partner Engineering team. We deliver tools & solutions that increase indirect revenue to SAP and provide a simplified user experience to our Partners. You will work on the development of web applications (both front-end and back-end) with responsibilities including feature development, testing & debugging, application support, and business interaction.
As part of Intelligent Enterprise Services (IES) Partner Engineering delivers the tools and technology to make SAP Partners successful. We understand our End User needs by engaging directly with them and focusing on the right outcome. We embrace a diverse working environment, trust and support one another, and understand that there is always space to grow in our roles.
SAP Partner Finder provides users with an easy-to-use interface that searches through our directory of thousands of SAP Partners who make up our worldwide Partner ecosystem, to help our customers, prospects and Partners to build, implement, support, and run SAP solutions. We build breakthroughs together
SAP innovations help more than 400,000 customers worldwide work together more efficiently and use business insight more effectively. Originally known for leadership in enterprise resource planning (ERP) software, SAP has evolved to become a market leader in end-to-end business application software and related services for database, analytics, intelligent technologies, and experience management. As a cloud company with 200 million users and more than 100,000 employees worldwide, we are purpose-driven and future-focused, with a highly collaborative team ethic and commitment to personal development. Whether connecting global industries, people, or platforms, we help ensure every challenge gets the solution it deserves. At SAP, we build breakthroughs, together.We win with inclusion
SAP's culture of inclusion, focus on health and well-being, and flexible working models help ensure that everyone - regardless of background - feels included and can run at their best. At SAP, we believe we are made stronger by the unique capabilities and qualities that each person brings to our company, and we invest in our employees to inspire confidence and help everyone realize their full potential. We ultimately believe in unleashing all talent and creating a better and more equitable world.
SAP is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to the values of Equal Employment Opportunity and provide accessibility accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with SAP and are in need of accommodation or special assistance to navigate our website or to complete your application, please send an e-mail with your request to Recruiting Operations Team: Careers@sap.com
For SAP employees: Only permanent roles are eligible for the SAP Employee Referral Program, according to the eligibility rules set in the SAP Referral Policy.
Specific conditions may apply for roles in Vocational Training.EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability:
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their age, race, religion, national origin, ethnicity, age, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, et al), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, or disability.
SAP believes the value of pay transparency contributes towards an honest and supportive culture and is a significant step toward demonstrating SAP's commitment to pay equity. SAP provides the hourly base salary rate range applicable for the posted role. The targeted range for this position is 24-40 CAD. The actual amount to be offered to the successful candidates will be within that range, dependent upon the key aspects of each case which may include education, skills, experience, scope of the role, location, etc. as determined through the selection process. SAP offers limited benefits for employees hired into hourly or like roles subject to appliable plan/policy terms. A summary of benefits and eligibility requirements can be found by clicking this link: SAPNorthAmericaBenefits.com
Requisition ID: 386953 | Work Area: Software-Design and Development | Expected Travel: 0 - 10% | Career Status: Student | Employment Type: Intern | Additional Locations: #LI-Hybrid
Requisition ID: 386953
Posted Date: Feb 1, 2024
Work Area: Software-Design and Development
Career Status: Student
Employment Type: Intern
Expected Travel: 0 - 10%
Vancouver, British Columbia, CA, V6B 1A9