263759 Work Area:
Software-Design and Development Expected Travel:
0 - 10% Career Status:
Student Employment Type:
Intern COMPANY DESCRIPTION
SAP started in 1972 as a team of five colleagues with a desire to do something new. Together, they changed enterprise software and reinvented how business was done. Today, as a market leader in enterprise application software, we remain true to our roots. That’s why we engineer solutions to fuel innovation, foster equality and spread opportunity for our employees and customers across borders and cultures.
SAP values the entrepreneurial spirit, fostering creativity and building lasting relationships with our employees. We know that a diverse and inclusive workforce keeps us competitive and provides opportunities for all. We believe that together we can transform industries, grow economics, lift up societies and sustain our environment. Because it’s the best-run businesses that make the world run better and improve people’s lives. About the SAP Internship Experience Program:
SAP’s Internship Experience Project (iXp) is SAP’s global, paid internship program that provides university students with the opportunities to find purpose in their careers.Three reasons to apply for SAP iXp
• Culture of collaboration: Meet with mentors, make new friends across the globe and create a thriving personal network.
• Project-driven experience: Gain cross-functional skills from our virtual and in-person learning sessions, diverse subject matter experts, and project deliverables.
• Gain visibility: With iXp in your title, you’ll have a global network of SAP leaders, entrepreneurs and career development opportunities at your fingertips.ABOUT THE TEAM
SAP Concur is the world’s leading provider of integrated travel, expense, and invoice management solutions, driven by a relentless pursuit to simplify and automate these everyday processes. With SAP Concur, a top-rated app that guides employees through every trip, charges are effortlessly populated into expense reports, and invoice approvals are automated. By integrating near real-time data and using AI to audit 100% of transactions, businesses can see exactly what they’re spending without worrying about blind spots in the budget. SAP Concur eliminates yesterday’s tedious tasks, makes today’s work easier, and helps businesses run at their best every day.What you’ll do: Position Title:
SAP iXp Intern, Concur Travel Software Engineer Location
: Vancouver, British Columbia Expected start date to end date
: January 4, 2021 – September 3, 2021ABOUT YOU
As a Software Engineer Intern on the Concur Travel development team in Vancouver, Canada, you will be taking the Concur Travel solution to the next level: scaling the architecture while building new, elastically scalable microservices. You will have an opportunity to work across the full stack and the full architecture—from the web and mobile clients to the application servers. Who you are:
• Currently enrolled in, or recent graduate of a Computer Science or related degree program
• Interested in building web, iOS, and Android applications and cloud services in a service mesh architecture using React, TypeScript, GraphQL, Go, Kotlin, Docker, and Kubernetes
• Curious enough to want to understand the root cause of each problem
• Seeking to improve your technical, architecture, leadership, presentation, and teamwork skills
• Driven to own services end-to-end, including developing code, writing test and deployment automation, and troubleshooting and resolving production problemsEDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS / SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
• Experience with Java, C/C++, .NET, Go, Kotlin, Objective-C, and/or Swift on Linux, Windows, iOS, Mac OS X or Unix
• Experience with source control systems such as git
• Experience automating the testing of end-to-end workflows
• Solid understanding of web application architectures, including client-side AJAX, HTTP requests, multithreaded servers, databases, containerized deployments, and public cloud infrastructure providers (e.g. AWS, Azure, GCP, etc.)
• Basic understanding of TCP/IP (IPv4 or IPv6) networking (ports and addresses)
• Experience with performance monitoring and alerting with the ELK stack and with New Relic
• Experience releasing software in a continuous or frequent deployment model with zero downtime
• Deeper knowledge of TCP/IP networking and security: packet/LAN sniffers, XSS, CSRF, encryption, HTTPS, SMTP/POP, DNS, etc.
#iXpWHAT YOU GET FROM US
Success is what you make it. At SAP, we help you make it your own. A career at SAP can open many doors for you. If you’re searching for a company that’s dedicated to your ideas and individual growth, recognizes you for your unique contributions, fills you with a strong sense of purpose, and provides a fun, flexible and inclusive work environment – apply now . SAP'S DIVERSITY COMMITMENT
To harness the power of innovation, SAP invests in the development of its diverse employees. We aspire to leverage the qualities and appreciate the unique competencies that each person brings to the company.
SAP is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity and to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are in need of accommodation or special assistance to navigate our website or to complete your application, please send an e-mail with your request to Recruiting Operations Team (Americas: Careers.NorthAmerica@sap.com
, APJ: Careers.APJ@sap.com
, EMEA: Careers@sap.com
Successful candidates might be required to undergo a background verification with an external vendor. Additional Locations
: Job Segment:
Intern, Developer, SAP, ERP, Software Engineer, Entry Level, Technology, Engineering