196507 Work Area:
Software-Development Operations Expected Travel:
0 - 10% Career Status:
Student Employment Type:
Intern COMPANY DESCRIPTION
SAP started in 1972 as a team of five colleagues with a desire to do something new. Together, they changed enterprise software and reinvented how business was done. Today, as a market leader in enterprise application software, we remain true to our roots. That’s why we engineer solutions to fuel innovation, foster equality and spread opportunity for our employees and customers across borders and cultures.
SAP values the entrepreneurial spirit, fostering creativity and building lasting relationships with our employees. We know that a diverse and inclusive workforce keeps us competitive and provides opportunities for all. We believe that together we can transform industries, grow economics, lift up societies and sustain our environment. Because it’s the best-run businesses that make the world run better and improve people’s lives. What is SAP iXp?
SAP’s Internship Experience Project is a paid program that gives university students the space to find purpose in their careers. We believe that through placing passionate people on the right teams, providing leadership and learning opportunities, and working on impactful projects, purpose is born. Piqued your interest? Three reasons to apply for SAP iXp:
What you’ll do:
- No more fetching coffee: Work on in-depth projects, emerging products and technologies that drive business results.
- Lifelong learning: Meet with mentors, make new friends, and attend learning sessions from diverse subject matter experts.
- Gain visibility: With iXp in your title, you’ll have a global network of SAP leaders, entrepreneurs, and career development opportunities at your fingertips.
PURPOSE AND OBJECTIVES
- Position Title: Associate Predictive Product Manager Intern
- Location: Vancouver, British Columbia
- Expected start date to end date: January 7, 2019 to August 30, 2019
We are looking for an energetic and talented individual to join our SAP Analytics Cloud development team as an associate Product Manager Intern, responsible for predictive features. EXPECTATIONS AND TASKS
Among other responsibilities, you will have the opportunity to:
- Research market requirements
- Develop and deliver presentations for internal and external stakeholders
- Support feature definition
You are technically proficient, very aware of technology market trends and have strong communication skills. In a fast-paced environment, you will continually be challenged. Using your strong communication and problem-solving skills, you will make important contributions to SAP’s success. You enjoy helping people and are enthusiastic to learn more about SAP and business intelligence software.
Important focus areas for your role will include:
- Collection, analysis and dissemination of market requirements provided through multiple channels and systems
- Sourcing and organizing predictive capability information for internal stakeholders
Leads to help maintain up to date Roadmap and What’s New presentations:
- Managing Jam collaboration sites to disseminate information to both internal and external stakeholders
- Disseminate information and prove business applicability of predictive capabilities in SAP Analytics Cloud by creating content and demos
These focus areas will require that you utilize your analytical, business, organizational and communication skills and undertake customer requirements prioritization challenges in your capacity as a voice of the market specialist within the team. This is an outstanding opportunity for students interested in product management, product strategy and market strategy. Who you are:
We’re looking for someone who can challenge the status quo and likes to stay curious. You enjoy working on meaningful projects and are energized by lifelong learning. EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS / SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
- Requires candidates to currently be enrolled in an undergraduate, Masters, MBA or PhD degree program in the fields of business, business and information systems, computer science, data science, or other relevant programs to the position
- Outstanding English communication (both oral and written) skills
- Able to work effectively both independently and as part of a team
- Adaptable and able to quickly learn new concepts and technologies
- Familiarity with technologies like business intelligence and enterprise software, such as visualizations, predictive, set analysis, web services, is an asset
- Background in Machine Learning is a plus
What you can expect from us:
- Prior work experience, especially as a business analyst or MIS resource is an asset
- Please upload your unofficial transcript.
#iXp WHAT YOU GET FROM US
- An internship packed full of events to ensure you understand our technologies, our competitive landscape, our culture and our leadership philosophy
- Community of mentors and volunteer engagement teams to join and lead
- Collaborative open-concept work environment in the heart of Yaletown
- Games room, fitness classes, massage therapist, and 24/7 access to onsite gym
- Well-stocked snacks, coffee, teas, sodas and candy
Success is what you make it. At SAP, we help you make it your own. A career at SAP can open many doors for you. If you’re searching for a company that’s dedicated to your ideas and individual growth, recognizes you for your unique contributions, fills you with a strong sense of purpose, and provides a fun, flexible and inclusive work environment – apply now . SAP'S DIVERSITY COMMITMENT
To harness the power of innovation, SAP invests in the development of its diverse employees. We aspire to leverage the qualities and appreciate the unique competencies that each person brings to the company.
SAP is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity and to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are in need of accommodation or special assistance to navigate our website or to complete your application, please send an e-mail with your request to Recruiting Operations Team (Americas: Careers.NorthAmerica@sap.com
, APJ: Careers.APJ@sap.com
, EMEA: Careers@sap.com
Successful candidates might be required to undergo a background verification with an external vendor. Additional Locations
: Job Segment:
Intern, SAP, ERP, Computer Science, Entry Level, Technology, Marketing
Posted: October 13, 2018
Closes: December 12, 2018