202854 Work Area:
Software-Development Operations Expected Travel:
0 - 10% Career Status:
Student Employment Type:
Intern COMPANY DESCRIPTION
SAP started in 1972 as a team of five colleagues with a desire to do something new. Together, they changed enterprise software and reinvented how business was done. Today, as a market leader in enterprise application software, we remain true to our roots. That’s why we engineer solutions to fuel innovation, foster equality and spread opportunity for our employees and customers across borders and cultures.
SAP values the entrepreneurial spirit, fostering creativity and building lasting relationships with our employees. We know that a diverse and inclusive workforce keeps us competitive and provides opportunities for all. We believe that together we can transform industries, grow economics, lift up societies and sustain our environment. Because it’s the best-run businesses that make the world run better and improve people’s lives. What is SAP iXp?
SAP’s Internship Experience Project (iXp) is SAP’s global, paid internship program that provides university students with the opportunities to find purpose in their careers. Three reasons to apply for SAP iXp Culture of collaboration: Meet with mentors, make new friends across the globe and create a thriving personal network. Project-driven experience: Gain cross-functional skills from our virtual and in-person learning sessions, diverse subject matter experts, and project deliverables. Gain visibility: With iXp in your title, you’ll have a global network of SAP leaders, entrepreneurs and career development opportunities at your fingertips. What you’ll do:
PURPOSE AND OBJECTIVES
- Position Title: Agile Developer - Security - Analytics Cloud Intern
- Location: Vancouver, British Columbia
- Expected start date to end date: May 6, 2019 to December 27, 2019
The SAP Analytics Cloud team is looking for energetic and innovative individuals to help with our next generation cloud-based Analytics platform on the topic of security. Are you passionate about security and understand the importance of end-to-end security, data protection and compliance of SAPs technology development and operations? Do you thrive in a team with strong engineers to learn from and where all members of the engineering team, including management are close to the code and making technical contributions? If so, then this is the right job for you! Help us shape the future. EXPECTATION AND TASKS
As a security intern on the SAP Analytics Cloud team, you will have the opportunity to:
Who you are:
- Work closely with the Cloud Architecture teams to ensure adherence to the defined security, risk and governance needs
- Analyze security test results with applicability to target environments
- Ability to understand the risks and security issues associated with infrastructure (such as servers, networks and storage) and able to clearly articulate them to business users and technical personnel.
- Conduct and/or manage vulnerability assessments, penetration testing, and compliance audits of IT operations, application systems and infrastructure
- Contribute to hands-on coding, design, test and architecture to deliver best solutions to our customers
- Collaborate in a team environment that extends to colleagues in remote locations and from various lines of businesses within the company.
- Assess new technology, tool and infrastructure to keep up with the rapid pace of change.
- Embrace lean and agile software development principles
We’re looking for someone who can challenge the status quo and likes to stay curious. You enjoy working on meaningful projects and are energized by lifelong learning. EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS / SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
- Currently in a degree from Computer Science or Engineering
- Ability to work well in a team as well as independently and have a positive self-motivated can-do attitude
- Working knowledge of java/python
- Working knowledge of data structures, algorithms and principles of OO design
- Understanding of databases and web application servers
- Knowledge in software security (authentication mechanisms, cryptography, security breaches…)
- Basic IT security knowledge (system and network security, firewalls, IPS, Proxies)
#iXp WHAT YOU GET FROM US
- Previous internship experience would be an asset
- Experience with products for networking analyses and scanning (e.g. Nmap, Wireshark Zap, BurpSuite, ….) is a plus
- Prior experience with cloud stacks is preferred but not mandatory
Success is what you make it. At SAP, we help you make it your own. A career at SAP can open many doors for you. If you’re searching for a company that’s dedicated to your ideas and individual growth, recognizes you for your unique contributions, fills you with a strong sense of purpose, and provides a fun, flexible and inclusive work environment – apply now . SAP'S DIVERSITY COMMITMENT
To harness the power of innovation, SAP invests in the development of its diverse employees. We aspire to leverage the qualities and appreciate the unique competencies that each person brings to the company.
SAP is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity and to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are in need of accommodation or special assistance to navigate our website or to complete your application, please send an e-mail with your request to Recruiting Operations Team (Americas: Careers.NorthAmerica@sap.com
, APJ: Careers.APJ@sap.com
, EMEA: Careers@sap.com
Successful candidates might be required to undergo a background verification with an external vendor. Additional Locations
: Job Segment:
Analytics, Developer, Intern, Data Analyst, Management, Technology, Security, Entry Level, Data