198002 Work Area:
Software-Development Operations Expected Travel:
0 - 10% Career Status:
Student Employment Type:
Intern COMPANY DESCRIPTION
SAP started in 1972 as a team of five colleagues with a desire to do something new. Together, they changed enterprise software and reinvented how business was done. Today, as a market leader in enterprise application software, we remain true to our roots. That’s why we engineer solutions to fuel innovation, foster equality and spread opportunity for our employees and customers across borders and cultures.
SAP values the entrepreneurial spirit, fostering creativity and building lasting relationships with our employees. We know that a diverse and inclusive workforce keeps us competitive and provides opportunities for all. We believe that together we can transform industries, grow economics, lift up societies and sustain our environment. Because it’s the best-run businesses that make the world run better and improve people’s lives. What is SAP iXp?
SAP’s Internship Experience Project is a paid program that gives university students the space to find purpose in their careers. We believe that through placing passionate people on the right teams, providing leadership and learning opportunities, and working on impactful projects, purpose is born. Piqued your interest? Three reasons to apply for SAP iXp:
What you’ll do:
- No more fetching coffee: Work on in-depth projects, emerging products and technologies that drive business results.
- Lifelong learning: Meet with mentors, make new friends, and attend learning sessions from diverse subject matter experts.
- Gain visibility: With iXp in your title, you’ll have a global network of SAP leaders, entrepreneurs, and career development opportunities at your fingertips.
PURPOSE AND OBJECTIVES
- Position Title: Agile Developer and QA Intern, Partner Management Team (PRM)
- Location: Vancouver, British Columbia
- Expected start date to end date: January 7, 2019 to August 30, 2019
The SAP community of employees, partners and customers is vast - the SAP Community Network (https://www.sap.com/community.html) has over 2.5 million members and the Americas' SAP Users' Group (http://www.asug.com) has over 3,700 member companies in more than 17 industries.
SAP is ready to challenge your next work term with a role that combines development with testing on a global team in the IT Services: the Partner Management team. We deliver tools & solutions that increase indirect revenue to SAP and provide a simplified user experience to our Partners. You will work on the development of web applications (both front-end and back-end) with responsibilities including feature development, testing & debugging, application support, and business interaction. EXPECTATIONS AND TASKS
Who you are:
- Quick at learning new development languages and keen on learning how SAP applications work
- Develop application features and enhancements, write test automation scripts, perform unit testing, and troubleshoot bugs
- Strong will to pursue a problem, identify the source, and propose possible solutions in collaboration with other team members
- Self-motivated and has the desire to learn new technologies, plus share the learnings
- Adaptable to new processes, tools, and working environment
- Detail oriented and able to follow documentation procedures
- Able to test and debug applications and solutions
We’re looking for someone who can challenge the status quo and likes to stay curious. You enjoy working on meaningful projects and are energized by lifelong learning. SKILLS / COMPETENCIES
EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS (DEGREES, CLASS COMPLETION, ETC.)
- Strong programming skills in Java and other object-oriented languages
- Experience with databases (SQL) a major asset
- Understanding of software applications, software development lifecycle, and development methodologies (Agile/Scrum)
- Flexibility to work with a global team in various time zones
- Clear and concise communication skills
- Familiarity with development tools such as Git and JIRA is a major asset
- Strong desire to interact with and learn from senior members of the team
What you can expect from us:
- Requires candidates to be currently enrolled in or have recently completed an undergraduate program which is applicable to the position.
- Please include your transcript in your application.
#iXp WHAT YOU GET FROM US
- An internship packed full of events to ensure you understand our technologies, our competitive landscape, our culture and our leadership philosophy
- Community of mentors and volunteer engagement teams to join and lead
- Collaborative open-concept work environment in the heart of Yaletown
- Games room, fitness classes, massage therapist, and 24/7 access to onsite gym
- Well-stocked snacks, coffee, teas, sodas and candy
Success is what you make it. At SAP, we help you make it your own. A career at SAP can open many doors for you. If you’re searching for a company that’s dedicated to your ideas and individual growth, recognizes you for your unique contributions, fills you with a strong sense of purpose, and provides a fun, flexible and inclusive work environment – apply now . SAP'S DIVERSITY COMMITMENT
To harness the power of innovation, SAP invests in the development of its diverse employees. We aspire to leverage the qualities and appreciate the unique competencies that each person brings to the company.
SAP is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity and to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are in need of accommodation or special assistance to navigate our website or to complete your application, please send an e-mail with your request to Recruiting Operations Team (Americas: Careers.NorthAmerica@sap.com
, APJ: Careers.APJ@sap.com
, EMEA: Careers@sap.com
Successful candidates might be required to undergo a background verification with an external vendor. Additional Locations
: Job Segment:
Intern, Manager, Developer, SAP, ERP, Entry Level, Management, Technology
Posted: October 16, 2018
Closes: December 15, 2018