Job Description Summary
The SAP Developer is a member of the Enterprise Systems team, and is responsible for sustaining, expanding and innovating STEMCELL's ERP Platform. A successful SAP Developer sustains and expands the capabilities provided by our SAP S/4HANA system through delivering high quality and creative solutions to satisfy STEMCELL's business requirements and possible system defects. They are expected to stay up to date with the latest technology trends and innovations in the field of Enterprise Systems and drive innovation while ensuring the system and process integrity throughout STEMCELL's ERP landscape.
We are looking for an SAP Developer to join our energetic, fast-moving and passionate team. This role will include working with colleagues in STEMCELL's global regionsJob Description Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide daily production support for our SAP S/4HANA and Solution Manager systems.
- Design, build, deploy and unit, integration and performance test robust Technical Solutions.
- Create and maintain useful documentation, both for technical audiences and for business groups.
- Empower STEMCELL staff with secure, reliable and scalable applications and services, and enable them with the knowledge needed to utilize them.
- Conduct peer reviews on the works done by other team members.
- Triage and respond-to support escalations from Business users, other members of our IS support or technical teams.
- Contribute to the development, documentation, and maintenance of global IT standards and practices.
- Promote and maintain security practices throughout STEMCELL's ERP landscape (S/4HANA Security) to safeguard the company, employees and the system.
- Collaborate with other IS team members to drive improvement to our operations and support practices. Identify opportunities for continuous improvement, and champion the exploration of new methods and technologies.
- As required, respond to emergencies and system failures including after-hours problems; including participation in troubleshooting & resolution of critical issues.
- Continuously explore, learn and actively recommend the latest innovations in SAP Portfolio of products as well as other related products and technologies in the field of Enterprise Systems.
- Other duties, projects and assignments as assigned.
- Degree or diploma in a technology related discipline, or a mix of industry certifications & strong experience.
- 5+ years of SAP ABAP RICEFW Development experience.
- 2+ years of SAP Fiori/UI5 and S/4HANA or ECC on HANA Development experience.
- Experience developing and maintaining Solution Manager 7.2 system.
- Possess excellent problem-solving skills to efficiently resolve root issues.
- Strong organizational and time management skills accompanied by good judgment in order to prioritize, manage and work with limited guidance in a fast-paced, dynamic work environment.
- Thrive in a high paced environment with multiple competing priorities.
- Exhibit an excellent customer service focus, strive to deliver the best service to our staff.
- Confident, results-oriented individual; lead by example and demonstrate a 'can do' attitude.
- Work experience in major system upgrade projects considered an asset.
- Exposure to NW Basis and Fiori Administration considered an asset.
- Exposure to good security practices and SAP S/4HANA and Fiori Security model considered an asset.
- Experience with agile software development practices considered an asset.
- Work experience in a regulated industry like Life Sciences or Finance considered an asset.
STEMCELL Technologies Inc. is a privately-owned biotechnology company based in Vancouver that helps power leading-edge life science research around the world. Scientists performing stem cell, immunology, cancer, regenerative medicine and cellular therapy research are among those who rely on our cell culture media, cell separation products, instruments, ancillary reagents and contract assay services. We create novel, useful, standardized products of unfailing quality and deliver them to more than 70 countries via our many regional offices plus distribution centres in Vancouver, Seattle, Grenoble and Singapore. Driven by our love of science and our passion for quality, we see ourselves simply as "Scientists Helping Scientists" - standing by our customers to provide outstanding products, technical support and training. We have over 1000 science-oriented employees globally, including 250 PhDs/MScs, with most others holding a BSc or engineering degree. STEMCELL is proud to be the largest Biotechnology employer in Canada.
This is an opportunity to work with highly motivated colleagues in a science-oriented, creative and dynamic environment. We offer a competitive salary, excellent benefits and significant career development opportunities.
To apply please select the apply button. You will then be directed to a login screen asking you to set up an account. You must set up an account in order to apply.
Create an account by selecting the create account button. You will then be asked for your email and to create a password. Your Password must be eight characters long, contain at least one special character, one capital letter, and a number. Once you have created your password you will be asked to upload your resume. Uploading your resume will provide the ability to auto-populate your application with information from your resume. If you prefer to manually complete all of the fields in the application you can do this by clicking next. You can upload your cover letter as an attachment in the attachments screen. Thank you for your interest in STEMCELL!
Biotechnology Information Technology