Job Description Summary
The SAP Business Systems Analyst will be a member of the Enterprise Systems team, and is responsible for sustaining, expanding and innovating STEMCELL's PLM and ERP Platforms. A successful SAP Business Systems Analyst sustains and expands the capabilities provided by our SAP S/4HANA system through delivering high quality and creative solutions to satisfy STEMCELL's business requirements and possible system defects. They are expected to stay up to date with the latest technology trends and innovations in the field of Enterprise Systems and drive the innovation while ensuring the system and process integrity throughout STEMCELL's Enterprise Systems landscape.
We are looking for an SAP PLM or PP/QM/MM Business Systems Analyst to join our energetic, fast-moving and passionate team. This role is based in Vancouver, Canada and will include working with colleagues in STEMCELL's global regions.Job Description Duties & Responsibilities:
- Provide daily production support for our SAP S/4HANA system (ERP and PLM).
- Actively engage with all interested stakeholders and representative user groups to fully understand the business requirements.
- Conduct Fit/Gap analysis and business process modeling.
- Design, customize, configure and unit, integration and regression test robust Functional Solutions.
- Create and maintain useful documentation, both for technical audiences and for business groups.
- Empower STEMCELL staff with secure, reliable and scalable applications and services, and enable them with the knowledge needed to utilize them.
- Provide direction to development team members by providing clear and concise functional specifications.
- Conduct peer reviews on the works done by other team members.
- Triage and respond-to support escalations from Business users, other members of our IS support or technical teams.
- Contribute to the development, documentation, and maintenance of global IT standards and practices.
- Promote and maintain security practices throughout STEMCELL's ERP and PLM landscape (S/4HANA Security) to safeguard the company, employees and the system.
- Collaborate with other IS team members to drive improvement to our operations and support practices. Identify opportunities for continuous improvement, and champion the exploration of new methods and technologies.
- As required, respond to emergencies and system failures including after-hours problems; including participation in troubleshooting & resolution of critical issues.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Continuously explore, learn and actively recommend the latest innovations in SAP Portfolio of products as well as other related products and technologies in the field of Enterprise Systems.
Nice to have qualifications or experience:
- 3+ years of SAP PLM and/or ERP Functional Design and Configuration experience.
- 1+ years of experience (or knowledge) working with and sustaining SAP S/4HANA system.
- Strong business analysis skills including strong stakeholder engagement.
- Degree or diploma in a technology related discipline, or a mix of industry certifications & strong experience.
- Possess excellent problem-solving skills to efficiently resolve root issues.
- Strong organizational and time management skills accompanied by good judgment in order to prioritize, manage and work with limited guidance in a fast-paced, dynamic work environment.
- Thrive in a high paced environment with multiple competing priorities.
- Exhibit an excellent customer service focus, strive to deliver the best service to our staff.
- Confident, results-oriented individual; lead by example and demonstrate a 'can do' attitude.
- Exposure to good security practices and SAP S/4HANA and Fiori Security model.
- SAP technical skills such as ABAP and UI5 development and SAP Basis.
- Experience with agile software development practices.
- Work experience in a regulated industry like life sciences or finance.
STEMCELL Technologies Inc. is a privately-owned biotechnology company based in Vancouver that helps power leading-edge life science research around the world. Scientists performing stem cell, immunology, cancer, regenerative medicine and cellular therapy research are among those who rely on our cell culture media, cell separation products, instruments, ancillary reagents and contract assay services. We create novel, useful, standardized products of unfailing quality and deliver them to more than 70 countries via our many regional offices plus distribution centres in Vancouver, Seattle, Grenoble and Singapore. Driven by our love of science and our passion for quality, we see ourselves simply as "Scientists Helping Scientists" - standing by our customers to provide outstanding products, technical support and training. We have over 1000 science-oriented employees globally, including 250 PhDs/MScs, with most others holding a BSc or engineering degree. STEMCELL is proud to be the largest Biotechnology employer in Canada.
This is an opportunity to work with highly motivated colleagues in a science-oriented, creative and dynamic environment. We offer a competitive salary, excellent benefits and significant career development opportunities.
To apply please select the apply button. You will then be directed to a login screen asking you to set up an account. You must set up an account in order to apply.
Create an account by selecting the create account button. You will then be asked for your email and to create a password. Your Password must be eight characters long, contain at least one special character, one capital letter, and a number. Once you have created your password you will be asked to upload your resume. Uploading your resume will provide the ability to auto-populate your application with information from your resume. If you prefer to manually complete all of the fields in the application you can do this by clicking next. You can upload your cover letter as an attachment in the attachments screen. Thank you for your interest in STEMCELL!
Biotechnology Information Technology