Finning (UK) Ltd Number of Openings:
The Platform Administrator will be part of a team focused on building and maintaining the overall platform and infrastructure for the Global Digital Services division at Finning. This team will be required to maintain close relationships with our infrastructure partners within the Digital and Information Technology (D&IT) group and external vendors.
The focus of this role is the successful implementation and management of our cloud initiatives that support efficient, robust, scalable, and secure solutions to meet business requirements and technology strategies. This includes collaborating on the planning, design, and production implementation.Job Description:Major Job Functions
- Define, implement and maintain platform configurations to ensure solutions will be supported, monitor platform release cycles and industry best practices to define, implement, monitor and administer secure, automate, and monitor various cloud deployments.
- Work as part of the cross-functional digital operations team in consulting with the business to design and develop cloud solutions to meet business requirements and future development.
- Work closely with the Digital Ops Leads and other team members from the Digital and IT teams to ensure that data and code quality and governance, and the internal technology team to provide critical service support for platform solutions. (20%)
- Create and maintain reports and dashboards to report on the performance and adoption of platform solutions deployed.
- Cloud Skills like Azure and AWS
- Web Administration
- Web Content Management Systems like AEM
- Ecommerce experience ideally with IBM WebSphere Commerce
- Strong documentation skills and keen attention to detail
- Excellent analytical, facilitation, influencing, negotiation, and problem-resolution skills
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
- Ability to interact with business stakeholders, triage work priorities, manage expectations, provide updates
- Nimble within an organization where demands and priorities regularly evolve
- Collaborating and sharing knowledge within a team environment
- Create reports, workflows and diagrams to support team collaboration
Education & Experience
- Strong understanding of continuous integration/delivery practices and other DevOps concepts
- Extensive platform and cloud architecture knowledge
- Expert knowledge of software development life cycle and project management life cycles
- Ability to define configurations, objects, workflow rules and other features required to implement a business requirement
- Strong knowledge of user management principles
- Basic understanding of object oriented concepts
- Degree in Computer/Software Engineering or a related area
- Experience maintaining a high work ethic in a flexible and fast-paced environment
- Experience with analyzing, troubleshooting, and resolving infrastructure issues
- Administrator certification in Cloud platforms
- Experience with reporting and dashboard preparation
Our employees are rewarded with an attractive all-round benefits package including 25 days holiday, company pension scheme, healthcare, company share scheme, short term incentive plan and other flexible benefits.
We are committed to diversity and inclusion at Finning, to build and sustain a diverse and talented workforce. As an equal opportunity employer, we encourage applications from all qualified individuals.
If this position is of interest to you and you hold the relevant qualifications, then apply today!
W e are committed to diversity at Finning, to building and sustaining a diverse and inclusive workforce and as an equal opportunity employer we encourage applications from all qualified individuals. Finning does not discriminate against applicants based on genders, races, national and ethnic origins, religions, ages, sexual orientation, marital and family status, and/or mental or physical disabilities.
Customer Service and Support Information Technology