162472 Work Area:
Consulting and Professional Services Expected Travel:
0 - 100% Career Status:
Professional Employment Type:
Regular Full Time COMPANY DESCRIPTION
SAP started in 1972 as a team of five colleagues with a desire to do something new. Together, they changed enterprise software and reinvented how business was done. Today, as a market leader in enterprise application software, we remain true to our roots. That’s why we engineer solutions to fuel innovation, foster equality and spread opportunity for our employees and customers across borders and cultures.
SAP values the entrepreneurial spirit, fostering creativity and building lasting relationships with our employees. We know that a diverse and inclusive workforce keeps us competitive and provides opportunities for all. We believe that together we can transform industries, grow economics, lift up societies and sustain our environment. Because it’s the best-run businesses that make the world run better and improve people’s lives. Location
: Anywhere in CanadaTravel
: Up to 100% travel across Canada and USA is requiredPosition Summary:
As a Finance Principal Consultant, you will sell, estimate and facilitate the implementation of the SAP Financial Accounting and Managerial Accounting solutions for our Banking/Insurance clients. You will be responsible for the overall customer satisfaction, performance, standards and direction of the Architecture of a particular SAP Banking/Insurance Solution or across multiple solutions. This includes the creation and/or updates to architecture deliverables. Also includes supporting sales, solution development efforts, and SAP Governance processes, as well as guiding clients in achieving their Digital Transformation vision and Best-Run Business capability from their SAP and other IT investments.
This is the first S4HANA Finance hire for SAP’s Financial Services Industry (FSI) practice; as such you will also define and lead a global program to hire and/or upskill existing FSI Consultants on S4HANA Finance implementations for Banks and Insurers. EXPECTATIONS AND TASKS
A Principal Consultant evaluates customer requirements, maps them to business processes, functional and solution architectures and ensures a proper implementation of SAP solutions. For this they:
- Identify the appropriate end-to-end solution portfolio options and recommendations
- Identify solution gaps and develop gap closure options
- Design the end-to-end functional landscape and solution design, including the functional integration points, applicable standards and governance
- Estimate the financial impact of various solution architecture alternatives
- Set architectural direction and standards
- Consult to project teams and govern delivery from a target architecture perspective
- Promote SAP best practices to the customer for the SAP solutions in the area of banking and insurance
- Coach and enable colleagues on customer site, including project team members from SAP, partners, and the customer
- Stay abreast on SAP product changes and industry trends.
- Certified Chartered Accountant (North America)
- Expert in at least one SAP Banking/Insurance Solution; good understanding of SAP’s solutions and service offerings including packaged solutions, implementation effort and compatibility/integration with standard functionality
- Working experience in Banking/Insurance industry where you have developed a general understanding of at least one Line-of-business or function domain. Familiar with the relevant industry trends and business strategies and models, industry specific business processes, challenges, business drivers/pain points and related best-practice solution architectures
- Experience moderating between Client and SAP, Business and IT, both on implementation and strategic levels
- Expert knowledge in implementation of SAP FI-CO, including integration to other SAP and non-SAP solutions
- Proven success in pre-sales activities (licensing and consulting)
- Project/program management experience.
- True banking industry veteran
- A minimum of 7 years SAP consulting experience with at least 5 years in Finance; at least 2 end-to-end SAP FI implementations in programs each over 2.5M CAD
- Experience with at least one complex, multi-year Finance renewal project in Financial / Banking Industry
- S4HANA Finance Certification and/or one S4HANA Finance implementation
- Demonstrated experience doing process and roadmap for a GL Transformation project; was part of a full life-cycle transformation project and speaks BUSINESS / Accounting in Banking/Insurance language
- C-Level communication and presence
***Up to 100% travel is required***
- Relevant Academic degree (computer science/economics/accounting)
- SAP Solution Certification(s)
- Advanced project management skills.
#SAPDBS #SAPFinanceConsultingSAP'S DIVERSITY COMMITMENT
To harness the power of innovation, SAP invests in the development of its diverse employees. We aspire to leverage the qualities and appreciate the unique competencies that each person brings to the company.
SAP is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity and to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with SAP and are in need of accommodation or special assistance to navigate our website or to complete your application, please send an e-mail with your request to Recruiting Operations Team (Americas: Careers.NorthAmerica@sap.com
, APJ: Careers.APJ@sap.com
, EMEA: C firstname.lastname@example.org
). Requests for reasonable accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability:
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their age, race, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status or disability. Additional Locations:
Virtual - Canada Job Segment:
Bank, Banking, CAD, Program Manager, Solution Architect, Finance, Engineering, Management, Technology
Posted: October 17, 2018
Closes: December 16, 2018