Amazon's Simple Storage Service (S3) provides a key-value-oriented interface to a highly scalable and durable storage system. We build and run one of the largest commercial cloud storage system in the world. AWS S3 stores trillions of objects and regularly services millions of requests per second.
S3 Index team is looking for a passionate, experienced Systems Development Engineer to join our talented technical team.
We're hiring and scaling to meet the needs of our customers. You'll have the opportunity to grow your scope of influence naturally as we scale and will get to help develop others along the way as well.
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we're building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. Our organization's members enjoy one-on-one mentoring and thorough, but kind, code reviews. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded engineer and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
*Work life balance*
Our team also puts a high value on work-life balance. Striking a healthy balance between your personal and professional life is crucial to your happiness and success here, which is why we aren't focused on how many hours you spend at work or online. Instead, we're happy to offer a flexible schedule so you can have a more productive and well-balanced life-both in and outside of work.
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Key job responsibilities
• Security of our infrastructure and privacy of data is vitally important to everything we do. You will own infrastructure security and compliance and help promote best practices throughout the team.
• We believe strongly in CI/CD and high automation test coverage. You will contribute to the design, building and maintenance of our devops pipeline.
• We believe strongly in automating all tasks and you will own designing, building and maintaining of our infrastructure through code. You will utilize your coding skills to automate deployments via Infrastructure-as-Code pipelines.
• We serve across multiple development teams supporting their infrastructure needs. You're the expert that our engineering teams reach out for running services on shared infrastructure for deployment, operation, and maintenance of infrastructure.
• As we integrate our technology further into AWS, our product will expand and reach deeper into native AWS infrastructure. You will help design, build and maintain our migrating AWS infrastructure as well as our new build-outs.
• You will design and build our test environments. You will ensure that the test environments are healthy to test the upcoming service releases in the fast paced environment. BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
• Degree in Computer Science, Information technology or relevant work experience.
• 2+ years of experience with design, networking, architecture, and core technologies.
• 2+ years of experience implementing automated CI/CD pipeline.
• 1 year of programming experience in Java / C++ (or equivalent OO language)
• 2+ years experience working with Linux systems
• Excellent problem solving skills. PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
• Knowledge of cloud operations.
• Demonstrated skill and passion for operational excellence.
• Solid understanding of Linux Fundamentals.
• Experience building tools for automation (building, testing, releasing and/or monitoring).
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, or other legally protected status. If you would like to request an accommodation, please notify your Recruiter.
Software and Programming