** Please include a cover letter and your resume in one file!
The RF/Microwave Engineer designs and optimizes RF and microwave circuits and systems and plays a key role in the development of many design flows. You will design high frequency-circuits and will work closely with electronic engineers to realize systems needed for implementing truly scalable quantum computers. The RF/Microwave Engineer is an expert in the design and simulation of microwave cavities, circuits, and systems. You will be comfortable working in a diverse, multi-disciplinary team of engineers, and scientists.
What we need you to do:
- Design and realize microwave cavities, resonators, and transmission-lines
- Design and realize microwave circuit boards and systems
- Prepare schematics and layouts with common EDA
- Source required parts, equipment, and work with relevant vendors
- Build and use benches for assembly, test, and measurement
- Evaluate designs with numerical simulations and detailed comparison with test data
- Direct and/or conduct experiments as needed to support design efforts
- Present results to cross-functional teams
- Work on issues of integration with other sub-systems
- Drive research and development in the low power and low-temperature electronics field
What you bring to our team:
- Undergraduate degree in Electrical Engineering or a related field. Master’s or PhD degree in Electrical Engineering or a related field is preferred.
- 7 years of industry experience or an equivalent combination of education and work experience
- Experience in microwave packaging and interconnects
- Experience with multilayer substrate technologies
- Experience with MMICs and RFICs
- Experience with wideband low-noise amplifiers, arbitrary waveform generators, frequency synthesizers, and high-speed A/Ds
- Outstanding teamwork skills
- Excellent interpersonal and written communication skills
- Experience working in a start-up environment is a plus
You bring expertise in one or more of:
- Electronic layout and simulation tools like Keysight-ADS, Ansys HFSS, or equivalent
- RF-Microwave circuit design and measurement
- High-frequency signals, EMI, and EMC
- Superconducting microwave circuits and elements like resonators and transmission lines
- Designing and optimizing high-frequency electronic circuits and systems
- Proficiency in bench experiments with tools such as oscilloscopes, network analyzers, etc.
- Familiarity with electronics designed for vacuum and cryogenic operation
Photonic is designing the world’s first quantum processor in silicon. It would be awesome if you had some familiarity with quantum physics, mathematics, and programming, but we will ensure that team members will have the opportunity to learn about quantum computing as we grow.