Are you passionate about analytics and eCommerce? Are you always looking to understand the "why" behind a specific trend or anomaly in data? If yes, we're looking for someone like you to join our rapidly growing eCommerce team as a Retail Analytics Specialist
At Best Buy Canada, we believe empowered people and teams make smarter, faster, and more creative decisions. Our eCommerce department is a truly Agile environment, where the distance between any one person and senior leadership is microscopic. Here, you'll work on something big, small, or super cool and before you can blink 100,000 people will see it. You'll create fast, learn fast, and develop fast. Oh, and sometimes you'll fail fast too. That's ok. (Honestly.) It's all part of the process.
As a Retail Analytics Specialist
you'll be joining a dynamic team responsible for curating, managing, and optimizing the shopping experience on BestBuy.ca, the largest electronics retail site in Canada. You'll dive deep into exciting analytics projects and deliver data-driven insights to help other team members make real-time inventory and pricing decisions. All in all, your work will help our business teams use data, rather than intuition, to identify opportunities and build a world-class experience for our customers. What you'll be doing:
• Analyze transactional and customer behavior data to identify supply chain optimization opportunities • Provide insights to inventory analysts and planners to support inventory and pricing decisions • Develop, implement, and maintain interactive reporting solutions for monitoring and analyzing business performance, using both enterprise BI software (Qlik, Power BI) • Design tools to deliver insights faster and influence decision making using scripting languages like R and Python • Conduct deep dive analytics projects, integrating various data sets and utilizing advanced analytics concepts • Maintain an in-depth knowledge of business performance, key drivers, opportunities, and successes by leading business reviews, especially during key events like Black Friday/Boxing Day • Empower the business teams to answer their own questions and develop a culture of self-serve analytics and data-driven decision making What you'll need to succeed:
• 2+ years of experience in reporting and developing dashboards and tools using an Enterprise Business Intelligence tool (i.e. Qlikview, Tableau, Power BI) • Intermediate to Advanced proficiency with SQL • Familiarity with script languages such as R and Python
• Advanced business understanding of the retail or eCommerce space Bonus points:
• 1+ year(s) experience working in an Agile environment; familiarity with JIRA, Confluence
• Experience using Adobe Analytics or Google Analytics What's waiting for you at the head office...
Our goal is work-life harmony for every employee. Don't feel like driving to work each day? Hop on our free shuttle service that runs between our head office and the SkyTrain at Metrotown. Can't find the time to work out as much as you'd like? Hit the treadmill, stationary bike, or weight room in our 24-hour on-site gym staffed by professional trainers. No time to pack a lunch or make breakfast? Our fully catered (and partially subsidized!) cafeteria serves everything from eggs benny and French toast, to fresh-made sandwiches, stir fry, pasta, entrées, and more!
We also believe an amazing work-life harmony includes continual learning and growth... on company time. That's why everyone in our eCommerce and IT departments has their own professional career coach, career development plan, and access to a series of in-house development seminars.
There's more, too:
• Competitive benefits, including a variety of options for extended health, dental, and life insurance • Registered Pension Plan where the company matches your contributions, dollar for dollar • Employee stock purchase plan, with the company matching up to 5% of your eligible contributions • Significant employee discounts both in-store and online • Coffee bar that serves Starbucks and Seattle's Best Coffee • Easy access to riverside trails and parks when you need to unplug and take a break • Free parking in our lot and loads of free street parking in the area • On-site dry cleaning drop off and pick up service • Opportunity to participate in regular hackathons and other company-wide events
If this sounds like a perfect fit, we want to hear from you! Send us your resume and cover letter to apply. Best Buy Canada is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate based on gender, race, or sexual orientation.